grill

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by verdell, Feb 10, 2008.

1. verdell

verdell Member

Hi Guys...

Does anyone offer a chrome grill for my 1960 apache?

2. 62 short step

62 short step Member

Nope not yet. Try ebay, craigslist, and salvage yards. Thats about your best bet.

3. HookedUpGTP

HookedUpGTP Member

Do the '60 and '61 have the same grill (outer part)? I saw one advertised for a '61 through one of the vendors. I'm at work right nopw and would have to check my catalogs when I get home. It was in the neighborhood of $550.00 so I didn't spend too much time looking at it. Mine is in good enough shape that I can't justify spending $550 on a rechromed one. As far as the inner lettered grill, no chrome that I've found anywhere.

4. generalmotor

generalmotor Member

60 and 61 are different when it goes to the inside, the 60 has 3 horizontal bars the 61 has the chevrolet lettering inside the grill... I restored a 60 and I can tell you with little reservation that the 60 is the hardest grill to find. the easiest by far is finding a painted grill and taking it to a rechrome shop and having it dipped. But none of the 60-61 are easy to find by no means, But if a vendor is making a nockoff of a 60 grill that is news to me and I would be intersted in getting one for my 61 project right now I have a 63 front end on it cause I couldnt find one reasonable.