55-59 chevy truck back up light assembly's

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by toddstergto67, Feb 5, 2008.

1. toddstergto67

toddstergto67 Member

does anyone know where i can get a backup light assembly's for a 55-59 chevy truck stepside shortbed? these lights are mounted in the rear fenders.nos or used, i finally found one on ebay and i was outbid at the last moment. this is all i need to finish my restoration, i've been looking for over a year, if anyone knows of any for sale , please let me know, thank you.

2. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer Member

I see them available in several of the catalogues I have. Give Classic Parts a call. Do you have the fender with the correct holes for them? I saw them on a nice 4x4 in Carlisle, PA. I have read threads where people deny their existance, but I have seen 'em.

3. ljw

ljw Member

I know that they are hard to buy-I got an nos set for my truck about 20 years ago. I have never seen another set for sale,except for used. The angled rubber gasket plates to go under them are probably even hard to find.Lee

4. toddstergto67

toddstergto67 Member

i wonder if 1960 truck back up lights would work? i'm trying to fill the holes where the 59 backup lights was, i've made this a custom truck, so it really wont matter what lights i use as long as it looks good,

5. petepatsy

petepatsy Member