69 Steering Box

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by KYYATES, Jan 5, 2008.

1. KYYATES

KYYATES Member

I Have A 69 C/10 With Power Steering And The Steering Box Leakes A Little Fruid Around The Steering Rod. Has Anyone Ever Changed The Seal ?

2. pacratt696

pacratt696 Member

power steering leak

hello i might be able to help . you must remove the steering coupler or some call it the rag joint and the mount off the shaft then you remove tne bib nut which is at the end of the shaft .if you dont have a wrench that size you can use a pipe wrench .leave the box on the truck it makes a great vice to hold the box from moven .un screw the end the seal is in the big nut dont try to remove the shaft it will not come out but look at it for a wear line where the seal was rideing .there should be a mark were the seal was riden on if not to deep of a grove you can takereally fine sand paper clean that eara with care .on the big nut inside it you will see the seal pop it out reinstall new one put back on box.the seal only comes with a rebuild kit.sometimes it works sometime not . the inside oring inside is the colprite.which u can replace its a little more work but then you can buy one rebuilt. i would try too do it myself first nothing like gettin your hands dirty and sayn i did it good luck . if u need a walk threw as u do it ill help

3. KYYATES

KYYATES Member

Steering Box

Where Can I Get A Rebuid Kit For A Steering Box For Power Steering On A 69 C/10

4. pacratt696

pacratt696 Member

power steering box

you should be able to get it threw your local parts store that is were i got mine

5. KYYATES

KYYATES Member

Kit

Thanks I Will Go There

6. KYYATES

KYYATES Member

Steering Box

fourwheeler web site and then go to tech link and it gives you all the imformation on how to rebuild a saginaw steering box

7. KYYATES

KYYATES Member

Steering Box

Steering Box Solved, I Bought A Rebuit One From Advance Auto Parts