for the love of mercy, where can i find my glass?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by felix61, Mar 1, 2008.

1. felix61

felix61 Member

I am looking for a windshield for a 1961 c-10. That's right, this means a "wrap-around" style windshield.

I live in Southern California. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quality is my main concern, but of course, a good price wouldn't hurt right?

Best to contact me @ my email.
    tuvommidon@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
    p.s. classicparts.com is amazing.

2. 62 short step

62 short step Member

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

BrothersTrucks sells them too in clear, green tint, and grey tint. They are more expensive than CP, but shipping may be better as they (Brothers) is located in Corona, Ca. If price and shipping are close, I'd go with CP. 100% guaranteed satifaction with CP. These guys are on the top of my list as far as doing it right!

4. knotts63gmc

knotts63gmc Member

I Bought Mine For A '63 From My Local Glass Shop. Green Tinted At The Top, Excellent Quality And Installation. They Had It Listed From Their Supplier. Want Me To See Where It Came From?

5. Hotrodkilroy

Hotrodkilroy Member

I did the same The local shop could get a windshield @ the same $$$$ as aftermarket ( No insult mean't toward our host) . Plus they installed it covered it for a year . Saved on shipping and the risk of breakage during installation. Kilroy Was here

6. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

When I investigated windshield replacement I went to the usual suppliers. ( not our hosts here. I tried Calif supliers for shipping cost reasons.) Their answer was universal.
    " We don't ship windshields. "

Not sure if Classic Parts has the same policy. I went with a local glass installer that specializes in older glass replacement who replaced all the glass in the panel truck, except the wing windows, for $800.

Val

7. felix61

felix61 Member

well

thanks for all the input. i have a few new hot leads to go on i guess.