Problems posting pictures

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Suggestions' started by The Pack Rat, Oct 27, 2007.

1. The Pack Rat

The Pack Rat Member

I just tried posting some pictures of my trucks restoration. I clicked on Insert Image. Then it said Please enter the URL of your image http:// What does that mean?

2. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    The Insert Image button is designed for linking to images that are already on the internet. You would just enter the address where the image is located and it would show up in your post.

If you have pictures on your computer that you want to post, you have two options:

1) You can add them to a regular forum post (like this one) by using the Manage Attachments button. When you make a new post, you should have an "Additional Options" section near the bottom of the page on which you write the post. It should contain a button that says "Manage Attachments". Clicking that should open a new window. In the new window, under the "Upload File from your Computer" section at the top, click Browse, select the picture that you want to post, and click Upload. Repeat that for each additional picture, then click "Close this window". Then in your main window (the "Post New Thread" or "Reply to Thread" window), submit the post by clicking "Submit New Thread" or "Submit Reply".

2) Or, you can upload your photos to our Photo Gallery section. You can get there by clicking "Photos" near the top of any page, or just click here. Then click "Upload Photos" near the top right of the page (or click here).

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

3. 654x4

654x4 Member

it is not letting me upload any of my pics to any thing my page or the photo page on the site or to a thread.

4. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Hi banjoman,

I checked out a few things here and it seems alright on my end. Are you getting a certain error message when you try to upload a picture? If so, what does it say? Or does the upload appear to fail even though there was no error message? Or...does our site not seem to even give you an option to upload pictures at all?

5. vp23271

vp23271 Member

I have my photos posted on Picasa Web Albums (Google), but Photobucket.com or Flickr.com will also work. After you have uploaded your pictures to one of the photo sharing websites (see list above), you can link them to your posts.

Below is a picture of the instrument cluster for my C10 :)
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to my photo album
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Rix6t8