Ignition Resistor,55 pick up 3/4 to

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by gafcob, Apr 29, 2006.

1. gafcob

gafcob Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-06 AT 01:14 PM (CST)]I have a Blue wire that is attached to the resister and Purple and green wires coming from the ignition, My Q.Is Does the Blue Wire attach to the negative terminal on the Coil,and the Purple and green hook to the resister? Thanks. Mike G. gafcob2002@aol.com PS I still have the Push button start on the floor boards

2. rico_bob

rico_bob Member

RE: Ignition Resistor,55 pick up 3/

Hope this will help....

Looking at the wiring diagram in the 55-59 Assembly manual (section 12 Sheet 42)for the 3000 series Chevy Trucks, it goes like this: The 20 gauge Dark Green wire runs from Ignition "2" to bottom side of resistor. The 14 Gauge Violet (Purple) runs from the Solenoid lug on the Ignition Switch to the Stater Solenoid lug. There is no "Blue Wire" shown. Could it be a brown or Black Wire Or Pink?

On the top side of the resistor a 20 Gauge Brown wire runs from the top screw of the resistor to the top of the ignition switch onto lug marked IGN (or IGN #1).

A 20 gauge Pink wire is shown running from the IGN #1 to the fuel gauge (and shares that IGN lug with the 20 Ga. Brown wire running to the resistor.

The second wire off the starter solenoid is a 14 gauge Black Wire and it terminates on the ignition switch on the lug marked "BAT" for battery.

There is also a 18 gauge Green Wire running from the coil to the ignition switch and it terminates together with that 20 Gauge dark Green Wire on "IGN 2" on the ignition switch.

I have both the wiring diagram and assembly books if interested.
    Email meZ.

My trucks:
    56 SWB Stepside Small Window
    57 SWB Stepside Big Window
    58 LWB Stepside 2B Ext. Cab