93 454 Rocker Arm Torque

Discussion in '1988-1998' started by carrpartz, Dec 8, 2007.

1. carrpartz

carrpartz Member

Hello all,
    I am looking for the torque spec for the rocker arms on a 1993 454. These appear to be the none adjustable rockers. I am getting close to having everything else back together and have found all the torques except that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Roy

2. Reinovator

Reinovator Member

hello does this motor have hydraulic lifters ? tigten each lifter with the valve in closed position, not to tight a make it so there is no , slack between lifter and rock use oil difflectors, some one help me with the correct tool name, and adjust while engne is running.
    while running adjust out slowly each valve until tappit noise is gone then back off rocker nut 1/4 turn let engine run a couple hundred miles back off,rocker nut, until noisy and repeat, this should do the trick.
    now my experiance I have not built an engine in twenty two years so lets call this old school tech please double check any advise given
    I hope this helps

3. carrpartz

carrpartz Member

Reinovator, thanks for the reply, but these are the non-adjustable rocker nuts, like the old Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles. They just get tightened down to a specific torque. I never did find the spec for these, so I used my Yankee ingenuity and did a best guess and they seem to be fine. They aren't as critical as a main cap or head, so I felt comfortable going that way.
    I would still like to know what they are suppose to be, if someone can tell me.