I might sell my project 55 1/2

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by HICKL, Feb 1, 2006.

1. HICKL

HICKL Member

For a list of reasons,(time and money mainly) I might bail out of my project. It is a frame off project, rolling chassis is done short of brake lines etc. Has a mustang II style front end, all finished in a nice black paint job. Brand new rebuild 350 (not even fired up yet) bolted to a 700r4 tranny. Replaced one side floor pan and patched the other (small hole), other than that, cab is ready for clean up and paint. Nose is in good shape, bed has dent on one side but easily fixable. Have all pcs to put together and many extras. I have pics of rolling chassis if anyone interested. Bottom line is what do you guys think it would be worth at this point and is anyone out there interested?

Located just north of Houton Tx.
    Jeff Hickl

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Jeff:
    You still interested in getting rid of the straight front axle hardware? If so, send e-mail to me direct at bill.hanlon@compaq.com and we can arrange to meet. I'm in Spring.

3. MY 57 CHEVY

MY 57 CHEVY Guest

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-06 AT 11:10 PM (CST)]I'm 30 miles north of Houston . I would be interested in parts only. Let me know . Thanks Brandon

4. HICKL

HICKL Member

Hey Brandon, Depending on what you need, I don't think I will be parting it out. I have a complete truck (in pcs) and do think it would be a wise financial move to start selling pcs of it.

Where do you live? sounds like you are close by?

5. MY 57 CHEVY

MY 57 CHEVY Guest

new caney . sorry for not not checking back sooner.

6. Tommy_59

Tommy_59 Member

I'm interested. Can you send a pcture or two? and, what price have you arrived at?

Tom

7. HICKL

HICKL Member

Hey Tommy, I sent you an e-mail. In case you did not get it, e-mail me at "jeffhickl@earthlink.net"

thanks
    Jeff

8. MY 57 CHEVY

MY 57 CHEVY Guest

need a tailgate:9

9. dunhamfield

dunhamfield Member

Hey guys, I am in the middle of a project 56 chevy pick-up. I am putting a classic 409 engine in it. If you decide to sell any parts let me know. I am in Crosby and you may have met me at one of the local shows. I show a 51 done in John Deere theme. Here it is.
    http://classicads.greatoldcars.com/classifieds.php?a=2&b=1786

10. HICKL

HICKL Member

Guys, I really don't want to start selling parts untill I'm sure what I am going to do with the project. I do have 2 tailgates but not sure which one I want to use yet.

Hey John Deer Green guy (didn't see your name). My in-laws live in Huffman, maybe I can check out your trucks someday.

Jeff

11. dunhamfield

dunhamfield Member

Now you have an excuse to get away from the in-laws...LOL
    My e-mail address
    dunhamfield@teleshare.net

12. MY 57 CHEVY

MY 57 CHEVY Guest

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-06 AT 07:30 PM (CST)]hey bill how's the old gmc going? i'm still pluging along w/ the 57 chevy. it's very slow. all of you let me know if you have old parts you need to part with. always looking for a good deal even if i do not need the part. thanks Brandon:) just ask bill i have a few parts here and there.;) hey and a 409 will look great in a old 50s truck:9

13. JB59

JB59 Member

Live in Beaumont. Have 59 and in need of doors and fenders. Any help would be appreciated.

14. Dman1959

Dman1959 Member

guy with the 59 there are parts for that old bowtie out here in cali, in vallejo. hit me up if you want info. dennis.george@ge.com