1964 c10 or c20 cab wanted

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by fishguy, Apr 13, 2008.

1. fishguy

fishguy Member

The rain gutters on my truck have been rotting out on the inside. I need to cut off the top and weld a new one on. If there is anyone out there who can help me find one it would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

2. vp23271

vp23271 Member

I saw a 1960 C10 at a recent car show and the owner deleted the drip rail altogether. He took a sawzall and cut and then tack welded in sections. He said he was pretty nervous with the first cut. I live in SoCal, so rain is not to big a factor. Your situation might be different depending on location. Below are pics of his ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. joe231

joe231 Member

that looks sooo sweet smooth like that! where did he run his heat and ac lines? don't see any going through the firewall.

4. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Shaving the drip rails looks sweet. BUT ! If you don't live in sunny Calif, be ready for a face washing everytime it rains. There is a hunk of sheetmetal on the A piller that redirects rain from the door openings when driving. Without it, the rain is forced, ( as in shower head), past the door seals giving the driver and passenger a refreshing face spritzer !! ;-)

You can also get the roof sections off a 65 or 66 too. If those drip rails are as bad as it sounds, you should consider a cab swap. Check the A pillar closely all the way down to the floor. There is a good chance that the hinge pillar has been being eaten away, unseen, behind the sheetmetal. A SURE sign is the area in the kick panels by the floor vents showing signs of rot. ( not the floor or rocker panels, the KICK panels )

If you see ANY evidence of rot in these areas, consider a cab swap. Doing that would also expand the doner list to 60-66 cabs.

Good luck !

Val

5. billydonn

billydonn Member

shaved drip rails

Guess I'm old fashioned but, leakiness aside, I honestly don't even like the look of the shaved drip rails myself. Fishguy: if you find a complete decent cab, swap them. If you find one rotted below with good top, do the transplant... just my opinion.

6. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

DAMN!!!! thats a nice truck, thats basiclly the look im going for.

7. 283 man

283 man Member

Nice Truck !!!LOOK SWEET!!!even without drip rails...Hey fish guy Ive got a 66c10 cab sale you for $150.00 you come by to pick up only..its does need work ..but its a start..

Attached Files:

8. 283 man

283 man Member

Cab only parting out the rest and using some of the other parts.

9. LittleStar

LittleStar Member

I have a '66 big window cab that I had to find a replacement for account of rust in the lower extremities but solid from the beltline up. Are you close to Southern Calif?