Progress

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Chiro, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Chiro

Chiro Member

Well, I can't find my darn digital camera again so no pics of the kids working on the truck this week until I find it. I will tell you all that they have been VERY productive. They worked diligently on the bed, drilling the angles and bedside, painting the bed front and prepping and painting the last of the under bed parts (Rattle-Ratlle for you Zig). We actually got the box assembled and partially installed the bed on the truck. Got the two outside boards on and bolted down and the bed temporarily bolted to the frame. Gotta admit, it's a whole different look now that the box is back on the truck. The kids are totally pumped. Off to the huge Carlisle swap meet in PA tomorrow night with the kiddies. Got a room last minute just a stone's throw from the event. The kids always love road trips and are very excited. I can't wait to see their faces when they see the size of the meet. I don't think they have any idea about how big or how cool it is going to be.

Andy

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Dude, I'm jealous!

I've never been to Carlisle:( I hear it's truly amazing. Hope you find some great bargains. I know the younguns will have a blast.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good Work !

Keep it up Andy ! .

4. Chiro

Chiro Member

Carlisle swap meet

Just got in from the meet. Honestly was hoping for more stuff for the truck, like some nice sheet metal. Needed a driver front fender and both front splash panels. Only driver front fender I found was one that was worth maybe $80.00 with lots of bondo, a crack and some serious creases. Guy wanted $250.00 for it and I walked away. Another guy had a PERFECT passenger front fender and only wanted $135.00 for it. What a deal. Guy next to him was offering up a COMPLETE GMC nose (fenders, hood grill-all assembled) with GREAT sheet metal for only $300.00. Now, THAT was a deal. Too bad Zig wasn't there:(. Couldn't talk the first guy down on the headlight buckets below $50.00. They were complete, minus trim rings and in really nice shape though. Also got a working '54 wiper motor with working cable, bezel and knob and upper hood latch mechanism for $40.00. That was a deal since Ficken now wants $100.00 to rebuild a unit. Kids had a GREAT time and are very tired. Swap meet was HUGE, but I am going back for the Carlisle Truck swap meet which is later in the year. I am certain that will have more stuff I need in the way of sheet metal. You should go to this past one. It was great and well worth the trip. My kids took over 150 pics of all the nice cars. Too cool. My fave was a 1940 Lincoln Zephyr coupe in need of a total resto. No motor or trans or interior, but the body was complete. He wanted $8500.00. I would have gladly forked it over. Never even saw one in person before, but I love them just the same. High dollar car when finished, but it was a five year project for sure (at least) to get it there. Picked up some other stuff as well. Kids went wild when they saw chrome rocker cover and push rod cover for the 235and made me buy them. Got some small stuff as well. It's amazing to see the range in prices for some stuff. Headlight trim rings I bought for $10..0 a pair. Another vendor wanted $85.00:eek:.

Andy

5. sweet50

sweet50 Member

Awesome deals. But you know we are easly amused if you post pictures.

hahaha :D

6. Chiro

Chiro Member

Okay, I get it.

I found my digital camera...again. This time it was right where I left it, on the floor of my Suburban just in front of the console. Sent Number one son out to the 'Burb on Wednesday to clean the windows and clean it out for the trip to Carlisle. Also told him to look out for the camera as I thought I left it in the car, but couldn't find it. He missed it and I didn't find it till we got in the car at the end of the day at the swap meet.

Anyway, here's some pics I got of the boys working on the bed and tailgate this morning. They are prepping the insides of the bedsides and tailgate for a light coat of paint (Rattle-Rattle for you, Zig).

Andy

Attached Files:

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Two Boys

That's a nice Pic Andy ~ make a Hi-Res copy and frame it , keep in your office , it'll grow more importamt to you as they grow up and begin to spend more time away .

I recently found some olde pix of my son working on his cars in the back yard ~ he used to own a 1967 Buick GS Coupe

8. Zig

Zig Member

Awesome, Andy!

Your truck is really coming along! I love the look of those wheels/tires matched with the "look" of your truck! It's a good thing your sons aren't all the same age- there would be too many fights over who got to drive it.
    BTW~ What a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l paint job! (rattle:Drattle)

9. 1952Bowtie

1952Bowtie Member

Lookin' good!

Really glad you found your camera, Andy. You had me worried there for a while!

Great pics of the kiddos. Don't you wish you had their energy level?

Bob

10. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

There is a guy at the spring and fall Charlotte Auto fair who has Kansas sheetmetal, he usually has 2 or 3 pairs of these fenders and a set or 2 of doors, for fairly reasonable. If you don't find them before, come down to the one in september, it is well worth it.

11. Zig

Zig Member

So~ since GMC and Chevy stuff is interchangeable, why didn't you get the "G" front end? You could have put that manly mug on your truck and have been on down the road!

Hmmmmm, I wonder............. Is it the G's grill that kept you from buying those ...perfect fenders????:rolleyes:

12. Chiro

Chiro Member

Nah Zig,

It wasn't the "G" grill that kept me from buying the nose. Couldn't see spending that money for a perfect "G" nose that truly belongs on another "G". I LIKE my Chevy grill, but I'll tell ya..that butt ugly GMC nose is kinda growin' on me:rolleyes:. Just kidding. Don't get your knickers all in a twist:D. Speaking of which, how come we haven't heard from the Brit in a while?

Andy

13. Zig

Zig Member

I'm happy to say, it looks like Mel will be stopping by here the end of May!

I too, wonder where Brit 50 is...

All I can say about your "G" comments is....
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Chiro

Chiro Member

Ahhh, c'mon Zig. You know I'm only teasing you and that all us Chevy guys secretly have "G" envy:D. That MANLY grill. How can you resist?

Andy

15. jeffr1986

jeffr1986 Member

Great pics Andy. Those wheels look familiar...Looking good!

16. sweet50

sweet50 Member

Cool pictures