1960 Apache 47,000 original - 3 day reprieve

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by cadman57, May 1, 2008.

1. cadman57

cadman57 Member

I support every persons opinion that replyed to my post asking about fair part prices for the parts of this wonderful truck. I agree fully that it is a shame to part it out - seldom does one have the opportunity to start a truck project with this great of a "foundation". Problem boils down to needing to either sell it whole or start tearing down. I do not have the luxury of time on my side -- here are some initial pictures. I am not familiar with uploading to this and with my sattelite email, would rather any serious folks that would care to see more pictures and discuss prices ........... email me direct at cadman@wildblue.net -- Please put 1960 Apache - Buy Whole Truck in subject line so I can spot it quick and reply back right away with pictures or whatever you require ............ 3 days. Not much time, but thats all I can spare. The front dual headlight bezels are gone at this point and I friggin feel guilty about it after reading the comments .......... so --- 3 days.

Truck is located in Crescent, Ia which is basically 6 miles from Omaha, Ne 68107 and 51526 are close zip codes for mapping if needed.

This really was a farmers wife's preferred mode of travel for many years -- basically to and from town .......... occasionally out to fields to take food during harvest -- has been in Nebraska its entire life and was very very very well taken care of in covered shed / etc.

Has current Nebraska title .............. original 235 inline six with 3-speed. I believe the original air cleaner setup is in the bed of truck.

Has all four original rims on truck with original spare rim in bed attached to carrier up in passenger side of truck bed. Right front tire currently has slow leak, but both rear tires very recently put on new -- 15" Cooper Radials and you can still feel evidence of nubs from new.

There is only one area on entire truck I could find that showed rust -- at the very tip of passenger side front fender ..... about 3-4 inches worth at tip.

The cab / hood / fenders / inner fenders / doors / etc do not have ANY dents / dings / etc.----- doors are solid as heck and I can provide pictures of bottoms of doors. There is a slight area looking like bubbling in the corner of one door bottom.

Originally, the truck was typical 3-speed on column and the farmers nephew - 2nd owner since new thought adding a floor shift kit into original 3-speed was "cooler". I do not know if original shifter lever, etc. is available, but the setup looks to still be on column going downward ????

The interior looks very good -- I believe the bench seat to be original, but do not know for sure --- the seat is attatched as normal at rear, but the front edge raised up with wood blocks ..... so as to position a rider needing certain distance to pedals --- short wife ???? I dont know.

There is one knob missing on the heater control levers - 2nd from right.

The front windshield does have a crack by passenger side wiper base area.

The fleetside bed has damage along a good length on drivers side - supposedly the barn door on a New Years Eve !!!!! There is some minor damage on passenger side of bed - easily worked out.

Tailgate is good with just a few dents showing some farm work was done with it ..........

And finally, as I said --- the pictures show the dual headlight bezels on it -- they are sold and gone ............. but thats it so far ---- 3 days. Email me if you are a serious buyer. Make me a bonified offer - backed up by $500.00 NON REFUNDABLE deposit upon agreed price / timeline for picking the truck up or having it shipped -- I know a great shipper that is very reasonable in this day and age of fuel costs and he actually only lives 20 miles away from me. Shipping / etc. is the total responsibility of buyer, but I would assist however I could. Remainder of purchase price would have to clear bank or be paid to me in cash prior to truck leaving my location. If deposit was paid and truck could not be picked up / shipped for a time period ........ as long as paid in full, I have plenty of room to store it for you.

Please dont waste my time or email / call to chat -- I am up to my ears in alligators right now. Serious truck business only ......... I will not accept any offers less than $1,750.00 as the truck sits right now.

I have many more pictures and would be happy to email them to serious buyer -- email me at cadman@wildblue.net

Thanks for looking and .......... good luck.

3 days ............

Attached Files:

2. generalmotor

generalmotor Member

I wish it was a short bed I would be up there tomorrow to get it