Hey im new here

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by allen72c10, May 6, 2008.

1. allen72c10

allen72c10 Member

Hey my name is cody and im 15 turning 16 next month. I have a 1972 Chevy c10 that I am restoring over the summer to have ready for school. I just bought it a couple of months ago for $2000
    I am also from 67-72chevytrucks.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is the color i am wanting to paint it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. Texas53

Texas53 Member

Looks like you off to a good start. Your truck looks really solid and straight. Good luck getting it done. That will be an awesome ride for a high schooler. Don't get yourself in too much trouble with all that power under the hood. What size engine is that? Nice color choice too. Are you painting it yourself Here is a picture of my '53 I have been working on.

Attached Files:

3. basketcase

basketcase Member

Welcome aboard Allen. Looks like a great project truck. My advice would be to not start any upgrades that will take it off the road for more than a few days at a time unless you have the $$ and the time/help to see it through without delay. A drivable truck is much more fiun that one setting apart in the shop.

Tom

4. blaw46

blaw46 Member

keep it clean.

Nice starter truck--here's some quick start projects for you-get a fan shroud and new heater core and put them on-the shroud is real important to keep your mouse motor cool and replacing the heater core will allow you to get your heater core lines hooked up again and you can get rid of your extra spark plug jammed into your intake there. I also suggest getting some plug wire looms and get your ignition wires squared away--route them neatly and avoid having them touching hot headers and engine parts-and each other- it will look and run much better. have fun.

5. allen72c10

allen72c10 Member

Thanks and it is a 350

6. tcalhoun

tcalhoun Member

looks like a good straight truck to start with.
    i just bought a 71 without a motor and bought a 290 hp gmpp crate engine and will be putting it in soon i also have to replace my heater core.
    good luck on the project and post pics when it gets done

7. 72c102494

72c102494 Member

im 15 and just bought a 72 also

hey glad too see good minds think alike. i get my license in may and i will hopefully have mine done by then. i picked mine up for 750. ill try to post pics

8. RossRinSD

RossRinSD Member

Your truck looks way better than mine. I'd also suggest you run that fuel line up the front of the block, tuck it behind the alternator to keep it as far away from the headers as possible.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009