1966 GMC truck parts for sale in MN

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by gmcfan, May 20, 2008.

1. gmcfan

gmcfan Member

I have an old rusty 3/4 ton long box with a 305E and the __435 manual transmission in it that I am parting out. the sheet metal is rotted out pretty good, but has good glass and some other good parts of course. Let me know what you need to buy.

2. 64shortbed

64shortbed Member

does it have the aluminum (chrome) grill?

3. gmcfan

gmcfan Member

Yes it does have a chrome grill (I don't know what you meant by aluminum though). It looks like chrome plated steel. It needs to be rechromed. The chrome is flaking off in one spot about two inches in diameter and there is some pitting. A chrome shop could fix it I am sure, but the back side is rusty to. It isn't all bent up or dented up bad just rusty. I have a question for you though. When a person wants to get their grill rechromed are you suppose to unrivet (drill or bust out the old rivets) the grill from the support bracket and then rerivet it??? Right now I just have it still connected to the support bracket. I didn't monkey with the rivets. It is off the truck though. Let me know if you are still interested or not. Thank you.

4. 64shortbed

64shortbed Member

well gmcfan i was hopin it was in beter shape than that. so porbably not interested sorry. as far as rivits are concerned id leave them if they want them out theyll do it. besides it wont hurn to plate the brakets anyway.
    mark

5. jmk_first1966

jmk_first1966 Member

hows the passenger door glass? is the sash any good? the one i have is shot.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  6. gmcfan

gmcfan Member

I think the glass is fine (no cracks). I should wash it first to see how many and if there is any scratches. I am new and not a mechanic. What is the sash?? Please explain.

7. jmk_first1966

jmk_first1966 Member

the bottom rail on the glass. its the rail the regulator wheels ride. I was told its called a sash, not really sure what its called. send me a pic if you have one
    thanks

8. gmcfan

gmcfan Member

I am sorry I don't have a digital camera or the computer knowledge to send it to you. I suppose I will have to have the the inside door panel off to look at the sash. Is that right? What state are you in? What is it worth and how much shipping do you think it would cost. I am just wondering if it would be cost effective for you. Let me know if you are still interested or not. I have not cleaned it yet because I have been waiting for a reply from you.