We've been way too serious lately!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

It's time to have some fun!:D

Let's play a game. It's called: "If I could have just one of the automobiles, be it car or truck, back that I ever owned, what would it be?" The only rule is that it has to be something that you no longer have!

I'll start! If I could have one auto back, it would be my "cranberry red" w/ white vinyl top '72 Nova. 350 V8, Hurst competition plus shifter, e78/14 tires w/rally wheels. Aftermarket Mark IV A/C unit and a kickass Kraco 8 track deck!

Bring it on guys! For you younger dudes, I'll be happy to bridge the generation gap for those of you who don't understand what an 8 track is!;)

2. f4fantm2

f4fantm2 Member

I want 'em all back!

Mine would be a gold 1973 MGB I bought almost new in 1974. What a sweet little ride!

3. Thunder54

Thunder54 Member

The car I wanted

The car I learned to drive was my Dad's old 52 Buick Roadmaster. Straight ate, ohv, automatic with factory AC.

He traded the car off so my older sister sister would no longer had to drive it to school in 1968, for a 3 on the tree in line 250 cu-in Nova. Same year I got my license.

I yearn to cruise in that Roadmaster!

Jim:cool:

Attached Files:

4. Texas53

Texas53 Member

1969 Triumph TR-6. Straight six, dual carbs, 4 speed with overdrive. First car that was mine and I didn't have to share with my brother.

Attached Files:

5. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Gold '68 Camaro with an inline 6 and a 3 speed in the floor. There was not a scratch on it. I put a set of rally wheels on it and I was a happy boy.
    Traded it for a 71 El Camino. I went from the most manuverable car possible to the most awkward.
    I would love to have that little Camaro back to cruise in.
    Gater

6. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Member

EASY!
    First car, 1955 chevy BelAir convertible, black and white with a 265 and powerglide, and a great backseat.
    Sold it in 1969 for $500 to buy a VW.
    What was I thinking?

7. shankamoto

shankamoto Member

First Real Car

40 merc convertible chopped with carson top. All mldgs,deck and hood leaded in.Engine stroked and bored with 3 carbs. Wild eski cam. Painted maroon. Did all work myself. Real fast.
    Got married and traded it in on a new 51 chev pu. !!!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  8. Zig

Zig Member

Easy~ The first vehicle I owned. My 3 window 1950 Chevy truck.

~sigh~

9. el camion 51

el camion 51 Member

"The Cruiser" My 1956 four door hardtop Chevrolet Bel Air. It was Crocus Yellow over Laurel Green with a 265 and two speed power glide. It even had the Wonder Bar radio.

10. Larry R

Larry R Member

Boy am I torn! It would have to be between my: 67' Camero convertible – fire engine red with a white top, 3sp, 327ci. Had the 8 track thing going with some remote speakers hung in the canvas top holder! OR my 71’ Chevelle – 350ci, auto, PS etc – upgraded to an FM Modulator and CB radio!! Had those charcoal center Crager mags and a nice sounding dual exhaust!

Made many of late night blast down to my buds house in your neck of the woods Ken!

Larry R

11. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Way too serious????

Serious as the heart attack my wife had a week ago? She came home last night and is doing fine. Griping and bitching. Returning to normal.

We met on her 18th birthday in a lunch room called the Snake Pit in the basement of OB Hall on the University of Houston campus. Our first date was five weeks later (I'm pretty slow) on my 18th birthday. Drove to see My Fair Lady (talk about a chick flick!!) in my first car, a white 61 Mercury Comet 2 door with a black interior, the BIG (170") six and two speed automatic. Paid $400 for it in 1964.

The Comet (AKA the Vomit) later had a 260 Ford V8 with 4 barrel and dual exhaust and 7.50x14 tires & wheels instead of the stock 6.50x13.

12. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

That's not good!

Bill, say it ain't so! Give her my best! Hope she gets better real soon.

13. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Will do. When are you heading north?

14. 64shortbed

64shortbed Member

i mite be in the wrong forum. and im only 33 but id have to say my first car. she was a 77 olds cutlass 350 olds high gear thing. she was my moms car i got it after working harvest for my stepdad. mango color exterier tan interier. not much bottom end but out on the highway shed fly. and road like a dream. lost it in a crash some guy going to fast in his ford on a icey road rearended the poor girl. thats the one id love to have back.

15. Chiro

Chiro Member

Bill,

My best to your wife. I had a heart attack over five years ago myself and recovery was no fun. It was a mild one according to the docs, but it took me more than a few months before I felt like myself again. I wish her a speedy recovery. Gotta tell you that my doc put me into cardiac rehab at the local hospital and it was the best thing he could have done. I feel stronger now than when I was 20. Good luck to her and you as well. Prayers to you and your wife, brother. She's gonna be real tired and not like herself for a while. Be patient and understanding. Don't let her do too much too soon because it will really tire her out and maybe make her chest hurt some and THAT is scary for sure.

Andy

16. Zig

Zig Member

Holy cow!

So sorry to hear that Bill. My prayers (for what they're worth) are with you! My wife had an angina attack (not because of me entirely..) and now she is not insurable (so much for the price of honesty...)
    Thanks for letting us know, Bill. I firmly believe that the power of prayer helps. You have a lot of friends you never met before, but you know we just kicked it in for you and yours!:cool:
    All my best~

17. coilover

coilover Member

Darn, there are so many through the years that bring on a smile when remembered but I guess the most fun car I had was a 66 Corvair that I used the Crown Engineering kit to put a 350hp 327 in the space formerly occupied by the back seat. This mid-engine set up gave a near 50/50 front to rear weight bias and along with sticky radial tires (only Pirelli and Michelon made radials then) plus the suspension go fast tricks made it an absolute Porche killer. It was also a 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile bear do to minimal tire spin and very light weight. A customer that owned a Panterra drove it and wanted to cry when I told him the cost was around three grand total. I think the SCCA ended up banning them from slalom racing---it was bad for a 2 or 3 thousand dollar American hot rod to be out killing Porsches, Ferarris, Lamborginis, etc. at the weekend races.

18. gafcob

gafcob Member

Bill..Glad to hear your wife is doing good my man..
    My First Car!!!
    1973 Buick Centrion Convertable..Bought it for 950.00 in 1979.
    60/40 front seats...Opera Lights that went around the bottom of the interior that with the rag top down and at night looked real real nice....I miss that car. MIke G

19. shooter2

shooter2 Member

First off my prayers are with your wife Bill.
    This thread got me to thinking.
    1 1969 Chevy 1/2 ton with 4 bolt 396.
    2 1955 chevy with bored out 283 6" tunneled headlights.
    3 1947 Olds 4 dr. with 9000 original mies.
    4 1950 Pontiac 2 dr hardtop with straight 8
    Like to have them all back.

Jim

20. dads55

dads55 Member

64 Pontiac GTO. 'Nuf said!