65 Front glass

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by bb454, Jun 12, 2008.

1. bb454

bb454 Member

I need a person to cut curved glass I can't find anyone to cut only flat, My truck is chopped 4 inches and I need to put glass in it and also I want to put full door windows in shouldn't be a problem but why not make a conversion they do for 67 and up//

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

The problem with doing one piece conversions in the 64-66 trucks is that the door check would interfere with the glass channel run. It probably could be done by reversing the door check to mount ( and slide ) inside the hinge pillar. But it would involve a bit of fabrication...

Val

3. bb454

bb454 Member

already done I have the channel mounted on hinge pillar and during the good guys I'm going to get felting for top of door window opening and have to get one piece of window molding for top around window seal

4. Billy'sBowties

Billy'sBowties Member

One piece power windows

This is something that I was getting ready to attempt. I have a spare door mounted on a stand so I can do a mock up of what needs to be done. Is there anyway you could post a picture of what you did on mounting the door check and anything else you figure out from electric motor mount to the regulator you might use. I was going to try to use the internals out of a 80's pickup if it will work, if not something with flat glass. Any information would be a big help.
    If you don't get finished I will try to post anything I figure out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs

Thanks again

BB