1959 chevy truck dash question, HELP!

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by toddstergto67, Jan 21, 2008.

1. toddstergto67

toddstergto67 Member

i have a 59 chevy truck i restored but i'm having trouble figureing out where the wiper switch, headlight switch and choke cable go. i have the original wiper harness, but it's short, will only reach the first hole above the radio, the second hole above the radio has a cigarette lighter in it, i dont know what goes in the 3rd hole above the radio. there is also 2 other holes on the left side of the instrument cluster, i think a choke cable goes in one, please help if you can.

2. azcarman411

azcarman411 Member

Headlight switch is the far left side, wiper is above the left knob of the radio, choke is to the right of the headlight knob. Chris

3. toddstergto67

toddstergto67 Member

thank you very much for the information, todd

4. JeremyA

JeremyA Member

Sorry, but the throtle goes next to the light switch and the choke goes above the right radio knob

5. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

No No!!

You are WRONG!!! i have a 57 with 12,000 original miles and all original . throttle is to the right top hole buy the glove box.The choke goes next to the head light switch and the wiper knob goes in the top hole next to the cluster.AZCAR MAN IS RIGHT ON!! You should look in the operators manual and it will tell you where they go as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2008
  6. bonvo

bonvo Member

what are you talking about throttle on the dash?

7. 58fleetside

58fleetside Member

Yeah - I like to call it old time cruise control! Running on flat (hard to find in Colorado) you can adjust your speed with the throttle cable. I don't think that is what it was initially intended for.

8. gafcob

gafcob Member

Truckman and AZ win...Farmers at times would pull the choke out a bit and walk along side the truck and toss hey in the back..2 MPH cruise controll...or a choked creeper gear..