engine: modern or classic ?

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by LOMA, Jun 5, 2008.

1. LOMA

LOMA Member

what you guys think is better for my 67 c-10 mexican pickup
    talking about engines
    a modern one or a classic one? , the true is that the outside of the truck i dream about having my pick up like getting out of the chevy agency , and about the performance i allways wish something pretty fast :cool:

2. drabo

drabo Member

There is no answer to this question. Old small block is easy to work on but a modern small block is tuned to perfection but you need a engneering degree to work on it.

3. LOMA

LOMA Member

i apreciate your response to my question , in this case i decided to stand at classic , so i pretty much decide the original 6 cil.
    thanks alot anyway

4. basketcase

basketcase Member

You can do a lot of cool stuff to that inline 6. Good choice.

Tom

5. karl w stier jr

karl w stier jr Member

6. capev86

capev86 Member

i like classic with modern touches.....

lets see.......a stroker 383 with RV grind roller valvetrain and fuel injection....

actually....there is a company building wide skirt old school small blocks that feature a huge stroke and big pistons and measures out at 472 cubic inches....bad boy indeed....

7. capev86

capev86 Member

actually....a truck version of the LS7 corvette Z06 (427cid) powerplantwould be really slick too. or a stroker motor utilizing the 5.3 with the 4 inch stroke from the LS7. it would probably be as powerful as the 6.0 but have better "volumetric" efficiency because smaller pistons are less gas hungry and still have lots of low end power.