57 with a Volare

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by glen55, Jul 14, 2008.

1. glen55

glen55 Member

Just a couple more questions please. i have a volare sub frame on my 57.It seems to have a very large steering box, and i have a motor mount crossmember i would like to use but it appears that it wont pass the steering box.Also , what steering column have you guys used with this box, and how many u-joints will i need. It does not seem to line up too well.And , will i need to remove the crossmember that holds the bellhousing mounts or can I use it with my 350-350Turbo> Thanks in advance. I also have the original 6 and three speed standard if anyone needs one or parts. However I am in Canada. Cheers

2. jon0249

jon0249 Member

I am looking for an exhaust manifold for my 235 if you have one available.

3. glen55

glen55 Member

No problem You can have whatever you need I am in Vancouver 604-874-6769 ask for Glen.

4. REDHT56

REDHT56 Member

Hey Glen 55. I have a 56 with a Volare clip. Used an ididit tilt, and 2 flaming river u-joints. I have a 383 with headers, and have plenty of room. The good thing is that you can adjust where your steering wheel will be with the shaft in-between the u-joints. I had to fab engine mounts out of 2 inch square stock. If you are going to have a high hp engine, it is best to leave the trans crossmember in for strength, and notch it if you need. Check out No Limit on the web. They still have stuff for guys that use a Volare instead of a Mustang II.

5. glen55

glen55 Member

Thanks redht 56 . I am now looking for a front motor mount , I think they had one on around 62-65 GM trucks. It is like a horseshoe that attaches to the front mount holes and goes down to sit on the crossmember. Or I think Hurst made the same kind for racing , al long time ago. Now I cannot find anyone who knows anything about them. Any ideas.thanks