Rez Engeering

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Hotrodkilroy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hotrodkilroy

Hotrodkilroy Member

Good morning all . I just wanted to say to any one thinking about switching from manual steering to power . I recommend The Rez Plate. I just finished setting up the front end using the Rez plate and steering parts from a 1975 2wd. Some differances i did notice in the 75 as oppossed to the 66 was larger components and i have to remount the Idler arm support to the frame. but in the end all worked well and smooth. Kilroy was Here!!!!!

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

...and i have to remount the Idler arm support to the frame

???? There should not be a need to do that. Did you use the power steering pitman arm on the 75 steering box? Or the old, manual box pitman arm ?
    You should have used the Power Steering pitman arm from a 75 to leave the steering cross link exactly where it was before.

Other than that you are spot on with your assessment of REZ Engineering's adapter.

Val

3. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

im in total agreement with dennis. you must use a power steering pitman arm, not the manual or you will have the problem that you are having.

rez is the sh!*!!!!! easiest kit ive ever used!!

4. green&wide

green&wide Member

Dennis, when I did mine, going from factory power assist to power steering, I got everything from rez including, steer box, idler, pitman, and center link and I too had to relocate my idler arm. Not a big deal though.

5. joe231

joe231 Member

kilroy stated that he used all the steering parts from the '75....the idler is slightly different and requires drilling a couple holes to mount it....that is what i got from his post anyway......

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

the idler on a 75 is different, but when you use the power steering pitman arm it all lines up correctly.

7. dvalentine

If the 75 cross-link was used then YES the later year idler arm would be needed.
    BUT, the 75 cross-link would not be needed, just the power steering pitman arm.

Val

8. joe231

joe231 Member

who is having a problem?? seems to me kilroy was just stating the differences he observed between the '66 and '75 steering stuff

he didn't say he needed to use the newer stuff, he chose to use it;)
    kilroy, feel free to chime in here, lol

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  9. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

hey joe, this is a friendly forum were we can all state are opinins and beliefs on whats right and correct and if were wrong, were wrong. one person may not veiw it as a problem, but other people might. we should all be able to state that with out the thought that somebody is going to constantly correct us. do you have something against dennis valintine? were getting tired of you attacking every post the dennis makes.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  10. Hotrodkilroy

Hotrodkilroy Member

I chose to use all the 75 steering components cause there are larger and stronger. I had to do some modifcating to the ilder arm mount( heat and bend) I also used the 75 spindles so everything seem to just flow for me. If i can figure it out ill try to download some pics. Kilroy was here!!!!!

11. joe231

joe231 Member

I'm sorry you took it that way, i have nothing against anyone here. i got the feeling that he(dval) was constantly correcting me with his underlining and such..I was just doing it back tongue and cheek hence the smilies. seems kilroy's point was over looked and the thread was going in different direction, i was just trying to point out his original post, he never said he had a problem, he stated an observation and what parts he used and the replies were saying he didn't need to do it that way. he didn't ask for opinions or permission, that is how he chose to do it. he was giving a good review for a good product.
    i was not trying to get you riled up, sorry:confused:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  12. dvalentine

Likewise I too am sorry you took it that way. That was not my intent. I use underlines to emphisize a word to make a point. Not to correct anyone. If I thought the information was innaccurate, I would say so up front.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding..

Val

13. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

well good, im glad we can all get along again.

its amazing how easy it is to misunderstand each other when we type all this stuff out. we miss out on each others facial expressions and tone of voice, and thats how each of us normaly determins were the person talking is coming from. :eek:

14. dvalentine

15. joe231

joe231 Member

ha ha!
    awww now I feel all warm and gushy inside:D

16. dvalentine

17. OlCurt

OlCurt Member

Bath time!!:p

18. 283 man