Removing the brake pedal

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Hey all, I was wondering about removing the brake pedal to install a firewall mounted setup. Do you just remove the retainer clip, slip off the brake pedal arm, cut a piece of pipe the right diameter, drill and tap it for a zerk and then slip this on?
    I could just cut the brake arm off, I guess...
    Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Paul

2. Zig

Zig Member

Ok!

23 looks and no suggestions~ I'll assume cutting the pedal arm off isn't such a bad idea...
    That way the zerk is there and I shortened my work time! If my daughter ever wants to go back to the original, (or under the floor updated mc) then pedal arms should be easy to find!

OK!

You talked me into amputation of an arm! :D

3. rix 48

rix 48 Member

No need to cut!

I've got mine out right now while working on the frame. It's simple to remove so I don't see a need to cut it. :eek: I've got a pic in this computer somewhere.

Rick

4. shotwheelz

shotwheelz Member

Hey Zig, I'm guessing you're going to keep it a standard trans, so you will probably have to unbolt it and then add a spacer to the brake arm clutch arm assemb. If you're not running the standard trans, then unbolt the whole thing and save it if you want to go back to original some day. but if you want to do some cutting, whack the pedal off with a cutter. I've got a couple pedal arms floating around the shop. Let me know..Rob

5. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks for the offer, Rob!

I guess what I'll do is take off the whole assembly (brake arm) and put in a spacer with a zerk. It looks pretty straight forward.

...maybe tomorrow...:rolleyes:

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I whacked off (no jokes here.) my clutch pedal when I added my auto trans. It worked out fine.