62 parts

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by beck, Sep 5, 2008.

1. beck

beck Member

I hope to take a 62 2 ton apart next week. It is a pretty fair truck. Most of the parts interchange with the 1/2 ton. I plan to keep the doors and some incidental parts. Does anyone need anything? The rest will go to the crusher. The cab is nice, I just don't have a place to store it. The hood has a little wave in it in the center. It looks like something heavy (maybe the driver) was layed on it. My hood has the leading edge holes pretty messed up. I may cut the front out of this one to put into mine.

2. BobS

BobS Member

How do the front fenders and running boards look?

Bob

3. beck

beck Member

Pretty good

BobS

The fenders look pretty good. The right running board has a tweek in the lower front. I have a photo of the right side. I don't remember much about the left side. I expect it is much like the right. I tried to send you a PM with the photo. PM me your email address and I will email the picture.

You do realize I am talking about a 2 ton truck? These parts are not the same as a pickup!

4. BobS

BobS Member

Re: Pretty good

beck,

I changed my PM settings, it should work now, also sent you my e-mail address, that will probably work better.

I'm looking for parts for the 62 GMC 5000, they should have the wide flares on the fenders. C-40/4000 fenders changed to a narrower flare in 64 IIRC.

Thanks!

Bob

5. JustaTruck

JustaTruck Member

Hood

beck,

The front of this hood must be un-holie for you to consider using. Mine is rusted out, too. If you don't use the front piece, and it is w/o rust, I would be interested in it.

6. truck63

truck63 Member

62 parts - glove box door

Beck,

Do you know if the glove box door would be the same for a 63 C10? If so, and if in decent (restoreable) I would be most interested in buying it from you.

Thanks,

Kurt

7. JustaTruck

JustaTruck Member

Fender Rods

Is this a stepside? Does it have usable fender rods - the rods that attach fromk the step and the fenders to the frame?

8. beck

beck Member

This is a 2 ton grain truck. It has a dump bed. Sorry no fender rods.

9. beck

beck Member

The glove box door will be the same. If I recall it was very restorable. Bead blast the old paint off and spray on your favorite color. It is factory gold but not mint paint.

10. beck

beck Member

I think it did have minor rust on both corners. I just didn't know how to fix my bent panel. I thought the rust repair may be easier.

11. beck

beck Member

I finally have the truck home.

Nothing goes as smoothly as expected at my place. I do finally have this truck home. The fenders and steps are not perfect but are definately restorable. The glove box door is good.
    BobS and Truck63 I will try to PM you.
    Anyone else interested in C60 front parts? I have no running gear, just sheet metal and the front clip does not interchange with pickups.

12. stu

stu Member

1962 C60 front shocks

Do you have the front shocks and steering box still? Also are they any good?

13. beck

beck Member

I do not have the chassis at my house. I just got the cab and front clip. The chassis is complete and was a running truck. The shocks and steering are still there. I would imagine the shocks are original equipement so I doubt they are very good. The steering box is there also. I cut the steering column shaft off on the column side of the box so the steering box is intact. This was a farm grain truck. It probably did not see very high speeds. It did see back road and field use. I don't know what condition that makes this box. If I recall the truck had about 67k miles. It will be a few weeks before I get back to the chassis. Let me know if you want me to check it out further.

14. stu

stu Member

Front Shocks

If you would, let me know if the shocks are any good. I'm trying to help a friend of mine find shocks. This is an odd year model so parts are hard to find.