Progress

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by rtnnhazel, Sep 20, 2008.

1. rtnnhazel

rtnnhazel Member

i got the floor completely cut out and test fit the new floor i cut. its looking good so far. if anything its a moral victory (and i needed it)! -Robert

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Wolf

Wolf Member

wow... lots of work!!!

thanks for the pics, keep up the great work, those moral victories are the best... man you need those every now and then;)

3. brit 50

brit 50 Member

looking good

Word of caution though, you need some ribs/shape in that flat panel or it will flex and sound like a drum when your driving, you will not find a flat panel in a car/truck without a bit of shape stamped in it, you must have experienced a large tin lid before, you can twist it and just a slight bit of distortion it will pop in and out! good work though, keep it up

4. a5llx

a5llx Member

The mans right! i cut out my old rusty floor and welded in a flat one , every time i trod on it it went woom woop , pain in the bum , all ended up fine when i welded in the crossmembers for my seats , though so all werent lost .
    All fine now :p
    ASH

5. rtnnhazel

rtnnhazel Member

i thought abut that but i cant find a decent priced bead roller to roll 16 ga. the steel is pretty stiff being 16 ga. plus all the cab supports are being reworked. i didnt like the original supports (they didnt fit my application very well) so i am going to make my own. i appreciate the heads up though. thanks- Robert

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Not To Worry !

Robert :

Just get some 1/4" angle iron and cut a few lengths , weld then to the unbderside of the floor .

Failure to do this will leave you very angry later on.....

7. a5llx

a5llx Member

if you have a sheet metal brake , why not bend up some 16 gauge u channel and weld that to the underside , itll look neat and you can make them lomg enough to go from the front to the back continuosly
    ASH

8. rtnnhazel

rtnnhazel Member

i unfortunatly dont have a brake. but i wll definatly weld in some supports. i like nates idea with the 1/4 angle. i will keep everyone posted with my progress. thanks- Robert