Nate

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ronaldg, Sep 30, 2008.

1. jeffr1986

jeffr1986 Member

Wow, I just checked in after being gone for awhile. Nate, my prayers are with you for a fast recovery.

2. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Nate... a special prayer for your quick recovery... come back to us soon.

Craig

3. 1952Bowtie

1952Bowtie Member

Oh No!

Really sorry to hear this! We're all pulling for you Nate, hang in there!

Bob

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Any new word?

5. Chiro

Chiro Member

Nope.

Left a message on his cell phone the other day. Not picking up, goes straight to voice mail.

Andy

6. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Oh my god!!!!

Been working abroad for a week, just logged on and hell................such bad news. Anyone got an update???? hope the old sob is ok. Can anyone get in touch with his family to find out his condition???? Best wishes Nate, so hope we will hear from you soon;)

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Carry On Then !

Hi guys ! :D

I'm alledgedly alive .

I should have died this time , was sitting on my Moto (no , not my beloved Ural) at a red light @ 04:30 when a taxi rear ended me going 45 + MPH......:eek:

I wound up in the front seat passed out .

Broken back , shattered clavicle (' collar bone ') skull fracture , subdural hematoma (bleeding on the brain) lumber bruises , bruised ribs , bashed in sternum (makes breathing nearly impossible) , one leg all bruised and scraped up ~ I am SO lucky to be alive and not paralyzed it's amazing .

A long convalescense is in my future , I hope all that sick time and vacation time I've been banking for 20 odd years will suffice .

It's really nice to know you alls cared , that means a lot to me .

For some strage reason , everyone from the doctors on out , keeps telling me I'm a tough old buzzard :rolleyes:

I'll swap it all for no pain for a few hours and more than _1_ hour of sleep in 24 hours.....

This will require me to do some serious meditaion of life and what I'm supposed to be doing with it....

8. 1952Bowtie

1952Bowtie Member

Tough old buzzard

That you are Nate! Really great to have you back!!!!!!!

Hope your pain subsides sooner than later and you can get some sleep!

Bob

9. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Welcome back, Big Guy. If you have trouble sleeping, look thru the archives and read some of my posts! Guaranteed to put you to sleep!:D

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good Morning !

I tried some writing last night but after a bit everythiung got fuzzy then the 'puter locked up so I quit :mad: .

Around 03:00 the pain almost stopped (?! WTH ?!) and I was able to snooze a couple hours , good thing too as my cognizent thinking and facility with the English language has failed me a goodly bit and y'alls know how much I like using it :rolleyes:

SWMBO & I are supposed to go do some P.T. to - day so don't be pissed if'n I suddenly dissapear , I'm anxious to get up and out & about as walking seems to help me a lot right now .