Posi rear?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by MikeD, Sep 3, 2000.

1. MikeD

MikeD Member

Anybody fool with a posi rear on these trucks? I have a 66 1/2 ton fleetside. I want to switch to a posi rear and still keep the 10 bolt. I also would like to get rid of the c-clips. Has anybody done this and what all did it involve? I don't even know if they make a C-clip eliminator kit for this application.

2. Bowtie

Bowtie Member

Probably the cheapest way to go is to use a Lock Right by Power Trax. Detroit copied them with thier ez locker. Both easy units to install as they replace the spider gears. As for c clips you are looking at some cash. Check out Currie for a eliminator kit, the above mentioned lockers might not work then so you would have to go thru the trouble of replacing the carrier.

3. speedfreak

speedfreak Member

I am not sure about 10 bolt rears, but the 12 bolt posi's are swapable from later 12 bolt's I believe up to 92. I got my posi for my 64 12 bolt from a 76 Suburban. If the 12 bolt's are the same, there is a good chance that the 10 bolts would be interchangeable. If you have access to a good junkyard you might be able to talk them into letting you do a little looking through stuff.