63 chevy truck cab

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by 63chev, Oct 2, 2008.

1. 63chev

63chev Member

i have an extra cab for my 63 the the inside cab corners look a little rough but i think its in pretty good shape
    ill sell it for 50 bucks
    i also have all the trim for a fleetside longbed that ill sell for 30 bucks it all looks pollished no dings dents a really nice set of trim
    i live in salt lake city and would prefer pickup and i dont think you would want to ship it any way
    i have pretty much an extra everything for a 63 so if you are looking for it let me know

2. badblu97

badblu97 Member

Dash?

Sooooo you have a 60-63 Dash?

3. climberman

climberman Member

4. TimE

TimE Member

Hey guys, just a heads up. 63chev hasn't been online since 10/26. I pm'ed/emailed him a couple of times and he just quit responding.:(

climberman-63 and 66 cabs and doors will not crossover. The 63 is a kneeknocker cab. The frame mounts are the same between the two so you could swap out the entire cabs fairly easily though.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  5. climberman

climberman Member

Thanks TimE, way is the 66 a kneeknocker cab?

6. TimE

TimE Member

The 60-63 are sometimes referred to as "knee knockers" because of the wraparound windshield. This causes the "A" pillar to be close to vertical. If you aren't careful getting in and out of the vehicle, you will hit your knees on the cab. In 64 they restyled the cabs to the more "modern" style windshield and got away from that style. Hope this answers your question.

7. climberman

climberman Member

Thanks TimE I guess I better just stick with what I have I can fix my cab but I thought it would be better to fix up another one while I drive my truck we use it for a work truck.