66 vin # how to decode it

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by loomer_52, Jan 24, 2001.

1. loomer_52

loomer_52 Member

First off thanks chevyduty for my first order . I just bought a 1966 fleetside and and i need some advise. I have my vin # and would like to know how to decode it. Also one other question . The previous owner installed a turn signal switch that he got from you guys . Is there any way i could get the wiring diagram for it ? 53-551 thanks for the help

2. Rick

Rick Member

I will send you a wiring diagram for that year. Is it a factory turn signal switch or the kind that clamps on the steering column ?

Rick
    tech2@chevyduty.com

3. loomer_52

loomer_52 Member

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-01 AT 05:41 PM (CST)[/font][p]the part number that i listed on my first letter is what it has ... thanks alot part number 53-551 ...

4. zgoat

zgoat Member

THE FIRST LETTER WILL BE A C OR K THE NEXT TWO INDECATE DESIGNATION BODY OR CHASSIE IS A SINGLE DIGITMODEL YEAR IS A #6 ASSEMBLY PLANT CODEIS A LETTER THE LAST 6 NUMBERS ARE VIN
    I GOT THIS INFO FROM STANDARD CATALOG OF 4X4S

ZGOAT

5. rupert

rupert Member

Try this site geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/2386/chevhome.html
    has what you want I think just look for the year of truck you have. If this does not work e-mail me and I'll get it right.
    Good luck!

6. ddsmith

ddsmith Member

Try going to this website. It has some good info. http://www.americanclassic.com/paint.htm You will probably find what your looking for if your truck is a common one. I had a little trouble with mine because of it being unusual. It is a 1966 C30. One ton info is hard to come up with. I guess they didn't make to many of them so the support is lacking.

Don