Interior Swap

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by dugan1373, Nov 1, 2008.

1. dugan1373

dugan1373 Member

I just bought a 72 cheyenne and am looking to swap out the bench seat for a orginal set of buckets with console. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where i could find them?

2. Soba_03

Soba_03 Member

Buddy buckets

Iunderstand that you want to use original Buckets More commonly called "Buddy Buckets". There is no reproduction that I'm aware of for what your looking for. Most you may find is a set of original seats that need recovered and some foam work. Figure that your going to spend between 350 for a set that needs work and 700+ for a set of really nice driver quality. That is if you can find them. Good luck on your search. Expect even with the 350 dollar set if you can find them to put another 300-350 to have them reworked.

3. HG72

HG72 Member

EBAY, EBAY. EBAY,

just make sure you get as much of the hardware with them as possible. look under auto parts section and enter 67-72 bucket seats

4. seah2os

seah2os Member

Interior seat swap

I believe the 67-68 buckets were the " Buddy Seats ". The center console doubled as a seat....very desireable and rare. The 69-72 pickups had an option of buckets that were available. Living in England, your best bet may be Ebay or Craigslist if you have it. Also, the 69-72 Blazers and GMC Jimmys had buckets and consoles (which didn't work well as seats) that will work, except for the fact that the passengers' seat has a quick release mechanism that allowed the seat to lean forward so that entry could be gained to the rear passenger area.