black pickups

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by verdell, Jan 23, 2009.

1. verdell

verdell Member

Hi guys! This is one of the pix from the Cruisin the Coast event '08..left to right are as follows: MY 1960 Apache 10, 4 bolt main 350, 700r4, 3:07 rear, 2.5" drop spindles, front 6 lug discs, B & M shifter, dolphin gauges, rear fuel tank,etc......next is my older brother's '65, 396 (punched out about .030 over), modified 700r4, 4wheel vented/slotted discs, shaved handles w/ poppers, narrowed rear w/ 3:08 gears and posi, rear fuel tank, etc...., last is my younger brother's '70, 4 blt main 350, 700r4, 3:42 rear, B&M shifter, rear fuel tank, Pioneer sound, full size Dodge seats w/ cntr console......this was our 3rd year going to the Mississippi Gulf Coast but our 1st year making the 5 hour drive in all 3 Trucks...always thought it would be cool to represent 3 different eras of Bowtie Beauty!! BTW we brought the WIVES this year and they had a blast!! LOL :cool:

Attached Files:

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Really nice three-some !! I've read about the cruise and from what I've heard it sounds like a GREAT ONE !!

Val

3. 62gmc

62gmc Member

The Apache looks Sweet..

4. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

very cool, i love the 60

5. 62 short step

62 short step Member

I did see your 60 when I was there. Nice truck!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  6. HookedUpGTP

HookedUpGTP Member

Looking good! Mine's getting fresh black paint as we speak. Hopefully it'll be done in a week or two. It's a '61, but with a later year hood so it ought to end up looking like your brother's '65 except for chrome bumpers and grill.

7. Arlo

Arlo Member

What color Black is that on the Apache? is is a primer, Flat, etc. Ilike the look very much and would be interested in a paint Code if you have one.

8. beck

beck Member

Your trucks look good. Here's mine.

We must be thinking along the same lines. Mine is a '62. These are the first outside photos from this weekend. Please excuse the dirt. It was too cold to wash it.

Attached Files:

9. ottoman562

ottoman562 Member

If y'all keep this up we're gonna have to start a black 60-66 forum here soon., I've just started painting my 66 stepside with flat black too, I've done the cab and the hood so far, will get to the rest after we get rid of the cold front rollin in here today..Having to paint in a shed is a bitch but I'm lovin it.......