Wanted to say Hi and a couple gauge questions

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Chris9450, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Chris9450

Chris9450 Member

Title says it all. Picked up a 66 C20 a couple days ago. Nothing really wrong with it besides probably could use a new wiring harness (EZwiring to the rescue). Anyhow, quick question if I may, I'm thinking I already know the answer but would like to confirm with pictures.

I currently have an instrument panel like this:

[​IMG]

and I would personally like a instrument panel like this:

[​IMG]

Mainly because I like the look of some of the Autometer gauges and the second panel would make it super easy to install them vs the first one.

Now..Could these be interchanged fairly easily? I'm thinking I'd like to get everything together so when I install a new wiring harness I can just put the new gauges in too. I've looked all over and can't seem to find a panel like this without having to buy a whole lot more. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. greg65

greg65 Member

I bought my gauge insert from Boese engineering in Tempe Az. I ordered mine to go with my Autometer Ultra-Lite gauges. I really wanted the five inch tach and speedometer but the dash was to narrow. Anyway the phone number is 480-968-2550 or boeseengineering.com.

3. Chris9450

Chris9450 Member

Awesome, thanks a bunch. This is a direct fit correct? Kinda curious though, it says the autometer panel is only 3 1/8" when autometer cutouts are 3 3/8" ? Do I still need the autometer panel or should I order one that has 3 3/8" cutouts

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  4. drabo

drabo Member

5. Chris9450

Chris9450 Member

6. greg65

greg65 Member

When I ordered my panel they had to make for the 3 3/8 ultra-lite gauges. It only took a few more days but it was worth the wait. From what I understand the dolphin gauges are a very good set up.

7. LittleStar

LittleStar Member

Here's the panel I'm using that I got from Haneline. The gauges are Stewart-Warner.

Attached Files:

8. verdell

verdell Member

I have dolphin 6 gauge set (no fish) in my '60 Apache with the engine turned stainless steel panel from Haneline...they look pretty nice and were fairly simple to install...get a lot of second looks and complements on 'em..:cool: