'64 Engine Mounts

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Wires_2K, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Wires_2K

Wires_2K Member

Currently in my 1964 Chevy Stepside LWB, I have an old Chevy 305 V8 that has no chance of surviving, unless I rebuild it. I bought it that way. However, I have the orig. 230 Chevy L6 that's in good condition I want to re-install. I can't seem to find the mounts for the L6 that I need anywhere. All I can find in the catalogs are the replaceable rubber mounts that go between the brackets I need.
    Could anyone help me in the right direction as to where I can acquire what I need to install my 230 L6? Thanks in advance.....

2. my64bowtie

my64bowtie Member

Your gonna have to hit a junk yard or find someone that has some to part with. As I am reading and responding, I am trying to decide if I want to part with mine. You only need the one side, the other is the same.

3. Wires_2K

Wires_2K Member

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-01 AT 04:33 PM (CST)[/font][p]Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that parts like that should be just as easy to come by as anything else. Ironically, this will probably be the hardest things to get. I'll see what I can come up with. In the mean time, I am attaching an exact drawing of what I am looking for, just in case anyone else can help while I am searching....

http://iserver.chevyduty.com/dcforum/User_files/3b90025702202763.gif

4. clyde

clyde Member

If you haven't found a pair of those mounts yet E mail me as I am 90% sure I have some. Clyde_11953 @Yahoo.com. :)

5. Craig

Craig Guest

You might check with Mayberry.He is doing the opposite.
    http://iserver.chevyduty.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=262&forum=DCForumID5

6. Wires_2K

Wires_2K Member

Interesting! I have an idea about the engine frame mounts....are they different for a V8 engine?