62 heater control

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 62_chevynut, Oct 6, 2001.

1. 62_chevynut

62_chevynut Member

62_Chevynut

there are four levers on the heater control, i need to know what each switch does and if the switch is up is that hot or cold. could really use it right now. Any help is appriciated. Thanks

2. monster truck

monster truck Member

Not positive, but hear goes, 1960-66 Deluxe Heater had the blower motor in the engine bay, 1960-63 has a 4 lever control panel, defrost,fan,air, & heat. Only one is a switch, the others are manual cables to open or close duct doors, or heater valve. Hope this helps.

3. pasillo69

pasillo69 Member

I have the same thing in my 62. You're lucky to have that type of heater, because the 2 lever heater is horrible. The first lever is for the fan(low, med, hi). The second is for the water valve that controls the heat. The third is for the defroster and the fourth is for the "air". This one has to be down for any air to be circulated, which make no sence but that's how they did it. All of this is correct assuming all the cables haven't been switched. And to answer you're question down is (on,hot,defrost, and air) for the switches