Kat smell

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ccharr, May 3, 2009.

1. ccharr

ccharr Member

Does anyone know of a way to rid a vehicle interior of cat urine smell?:mad:
    Short of throwing everything out in the trash!!

2. Chiro

Chiro Member

Take a little gasoline on a rag and wipe everything down. Then stand back and toss a lit match into the cab:D

Andy

3. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

If You dont mind the smell of Bleach , A Spray bottle deleted about 20% bleach the rest water Spray around the areas You think the smell is coming from , Wipe down almost Imediatlly , But You Wouldn,t want to get it on any upholstery of anykind It Might stain it , Like Bleach does :eek: .

On upholstery I,ve done the same thing with White vinegar same mixture seems to work pretty good , then throw a few of those cardboard air freshners in a few spots to kill those Smells :D .

If You have Carpet & cloth seats , Resolve carpet clener ( comes in a powder ) dust that on let sit over night Then Vacume it out . Hopefully that helps . :D . Best of luck . Bob

P.S Anyone know how to get rid of about 40 feral cats in a Humane way . :(

4. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Pdz

There's a powder product sold at farm stores to freshen horse stalls. I've used it in closets with a wood floor with great success. It seems to neutralize the odor somehow.

5. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Try some Fabrez Odor/Smell eliminator, available everywhere. My wife sprays it on me, Its like an aphrodesiac to her!

Flashlight

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Um ;

If they're feral , why worry about how you get rid of them ? .

Most ACPCA offices have " Hav-A-Heart " traps for loan , you must tell them you have a serious Raccoon problem to get them .

If you have a real feral cat problem , this means you have a neighbor who's feeding them and new ones will replace the old ones immediately .

Figure out which neigbor and tell her you'll be setting out poison to kill the pesky squirrels next week and she'll take care of the problem....

7. ccharr

ccharr Member

Thanks for the replys, I have thought about the unleaded system a time or two. I think I'll use some of the ideas posted and then if that doesn't do it maybe go find a stock seat and cover it in leather.

As far as ferals go a box of 22 shorts and or a pack of coyotes works very well.:eek: :rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I have two "have a heart" cridder cages.:D

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  8. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

Cab odor

Icky. Mine's loaded with mothballs, supposedly to ward off mice. Maybe smells 2% better than kitty squirt.

Drain your coolant and "accidentally" leave it out. That usually takes care of unwanted pests....NO, I've never done it!

9. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

WELL !! in All Honesty as Much as I hate to admit it :eek: . It Started out with a couple of them hanging around a few years back .

One Of Them ( Awe They look so cute & Hungry ) So The wife Started feedin em Leftovers & Even Though Mother nature usually takes care of the Problem , Coyotes, Bobcats , Birds of Prey & Other Creatures that Clean up whats left , Ussually keep them in Check .

No Clue what happened this Year But there Everywhere & Kittens in Anything They can find to Hide in & More Everyday , Because we live in the Boonies & Critters are dumped out here Constantlly .

I Guess I,m getting soft, Cuz I just cant bring Myself to Taking them out & Even Guns dont Scare them off , Because We Target Practice all the time . So The wife Found Some Kind of High Frequency Pitch set off by Motion , deals online That Suposedlly works to Keep Them at Least away from some areas. So I,m Hoping that will Return Them back to the Field . We Pretty Much brought it on Ourselves I Guess , But We Enjoy the critters out here . Just Not so many at once . :D . All Great Ideas Though & Dont Think I,ve ruled them out YET . :D . Thanks, Bob

10. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

They make a product called Nature's Miracle that may help. It is used for cleaning up after dogs, cats, babies, etc. It is supposed to help keep them from smelling where the went, or sprayed. It may be worth a try. We use it quite a bit around the house...........Mike