Throttle Cable .....Help.

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by texascowboy, Apr 26, 2009.

1. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Gota agree with David , Sounds More like a Brake Problem Knowing that . :D

As far as Replacing the Booster with the Master Cylinder No it makes No Difference unless The MC is Leaking into the booster , Just a matter of time before it will go out IMO .

I Dont Know why but these days You can Buy it as a Unit a lot Cheaper then You can Seperatlly & I dont like doing things Twice. :D . Best of luck , Bob

2. texascowboy

texascowboy Member

would of posted yesterday but, site was down over here. ....:(

okay, yes the sound is coming from the front{left side} looked at the brake pads and all the running gear and everything looks good. Did not notice any unusal wear or anything out of wack. And I did some checking around and it is cheaper to buy the entire unit.....:D

Going to the shop in the morning to have a pro. look at it and give me some reconmedations, will keep ya'll posted.......;)

And on a serious note, if it wasn't for you guys I would of probaley got rid of this truck long ago and bought another one....but with guys like you I 've kept it and tried to fix things myself and now I know a little more than I used too. THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!!:D

3. texascowboy

texascowboy Member

:D....okay its offical I need a new master cylinder......:mad:
    I'm seriously getting tired of putting money I don't have into this truck,
    yah I know that's what happens with these old trucks and no matter what I
    will always be putting money into it. But its hard when this is an evryday driver...:(... I've been waiting on some money from my SS Disabialtey,
    {the goverment} but still waiting!!!:mad::mad:

Sorry for the rant!! Anyway I'm going to get the part tommrow and then get it fixed, I'll keep you posted.

4. David Hall

David Hall Member

TC,
    I'm glad to hear you figured it out. And yes these old trucks seem at times to be endless money pits but thats any 25 year old vehicle.

At least you can troubleshoot these things, newer vehicles aren't that easy.

5. texascowboy

texascowboy Member

:mad: two trips later and I finally have the right master cylinder, I kept telling that moron it was wrong....:mad: anyway got the part and also got new rear brake kit for both sides, hopefully going to get them put on tommrow. I know that this truck will or is not in its prime anymore but, one good thing about it like you said "david, it is ALOT eaiser to work on and thankfully there is a junk yard here full of these trucks. Besides by the time my children start to drive {OMG...:eek::(} this truck will be ready and all they have to do is keep gas in it!!!:p

6. baad

baad Member

well good luck hope it done b4 then sou can enjoy it b4 they destroy it