Cure for squeeks, and rattles. LOL!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by mikesters1950, May 22, 2009.

1. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

Hey all,
    I think I have found the cure for squeeks and rattles. Drown them out! Been working on the truck as much as possible. Getting close to having it alive again. Just thought I would post a couple of pics. I have insulated the whole cab, installed subs under the seat, and almost finished the wiring. I need a couple of side post terminals, then I can start powering up things to double check connections. I only have 14 total speakers so far, so I don't think it's overkill. HaHa!
    Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Thats how I fixed mine, also! That and Flowmasters.

3. Zig

Zig Member

Where's the seat belts?

Thumpity-thump-thump-thumpity-thump-thump, look at Mikester roll...

Naw~ I'm just glad to see you left some room to add a few more! ~Just in case~:D

You not only will get the enjoyment of driving a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l AD, but you'll enjoy the full body massage that all those sound waves will give you!

Too cool!:cool:

4. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

Yep,
    Didn't want to short change myself in case I wanted more. I actually was able to power them up, and use my Ipod as an input. Did some adjustments to the settings, but still need to play with the subs some more. I will tell you this, the subs will make anything loose rattle, so it's one way to track down noises. Working on the battery cables for the rest of the truck, and hope to power it up maybe Monday. Just happy to be making some progress for a change...Mike

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have a 12" Cerwin Vega behind the seat, and a pair of 6" seperates in the kick panels.

6. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

Well, Monday has come and gone, and the truck still doesn't run. Did get some more work done though. Should be able to start testing more electrical items soon. I am determined to get this running soon, even if it kills me. Hoping to go to the Good Guys car show this weekend, and buy 2 15 x 7 inch rally rims for the front. Usually good prices, and no tax, shipping.....Mike

7. Zig

Zig Member

We will want pictures, of course!

8. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

HUH?!? Your lips are movin', but I can't hear ya?!?:eek:

I used to be into the big boom sound too. Loved to get that perfect balance of high mid and low...just hit that sweet spot!

So, tell us good Mikester, what is your music of choice when thumpin' away? My favorites with good bass were Bob Marley, Metallica, Pink Floyd and Van Halen's Fair Warning album, among many others...:D

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Don't Forget :

The Blues , it's uniquely American music :)

10. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

Love the blues! So deep and packed with emotion, the music says as much as the vocals.:cool:

11. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

My truck plays rock and rockabilly, love them bass riffs.

12. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

All the above are great choices. I listen to a lot of rock music, but nothing like some Merle Haggard, or Johnny Cash, even Kenny Chesney. If you really want some great sound, try the 1812 overture. I have a collection of 35000+ songs, and like variety, so you'll find anything from Van Halen to Marty Robbins. Jimmy Buffet is fantastic to cruise to. I will post some more pics soon. Eagerly waiting to be able to back it out of garage, clean the dust off and take some more pics. Stay tuned......Mike

13. Zig

Zig Member

Marty Robins!!!
    "Down in the west Texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a mexican girl..."
    Then of course, Merl~ I hear his momma tried...
    I'm waiting for the day when my truck is in Arrowhead's parking lot blasting out the pregame show while I'm grilling up some tasty breather caps!
    Go Chiefs!!!

14. Wolf

Wolf Member

you know when that day comes i will have to pull my GMC right beside yours!!!

15. Zig

Zig Member

Wouldn't THAT be cool!

You know it will take a while though~ That's OK, by then we might even have a good team!:D
    Just kidding~ We'll be in the playoffs this year. :cool: