Cool old salvage yard

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by MISurfer, Aug 4, 2009.

1. MISurfer

MISurfer Member

I went here recently to get some gauges for my panel. This yard is getting cleared out in the next year or so. It is near Hesperia MI, NE of Muskegon MI. It's fun just to look at the old stuff he has there and there is A LOT of stuff . Here is a link, just click on "Old Cars" at his site. He has a number of AD's and who knows what else. He would prefer to sell whole vehicles but some he parts out. Brian

www.webstermusic.com

2. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

looking at those pics I've spent thousands of dollars in my mind. cool pics

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Too Late !

What a waste ~ 99/44 100's of that stuff is waayyyy beyond any use and no one going to take the time to dig the Hemi out of the dirt , save the many tranny & engine cores etc. , heaters , stainless stell trims , glass lenses etc.......

I grew up near places like this and they'd sit on the old stuff until it was all rusted paper thin like this then scrap it for maybe .10 CENTS the pound :mad:

I see an old '39 Dodge like I used to have in the 1970's....

THANK YOU for sharing it anyways ! .

4. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

Thanks for taking the time to take pictures. Looks like Stainless Steel was much more stainless 50 or 60 years ago. The chrome was better than the new chrome which dont compare to the old. If Obama's stimulas check ever arrives I think I will get the stainless front bumper, a bargain at 3.5x the price of chrome.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  5. Zig

Zig Member

Armchair quarterback

It is hard to believe how everything could grow up around these old vehicles like that.

If I owned that yard...:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting those pictures! The artist in me really appreciates them!:cool: