Were did all the guns go?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 66 KUSTOM, Dec 5, 2008.

1. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

i dont know if any of you are gun lovers or not, im personnally a gun lover. over the last 6 weeks ive been back into adding accesories to my guns and have picked up a new shotgun. (shown in the pic) ive been reading articles that say that 2 days after obomba was elected that the gun sales in the us went up 40%. i didnt think much of it, but i know that historicly demacratic presidents try to control guns per there opinion of what rights we should have, and apparently the U.S. has gone on a gun buying rampage.

has anybody else noticed this? ive called all my local gun stores and been on probably over 75 websites, over 90% of there stuff is out of stock. (exept hunting rifles, just tacticle and home securety weapons) I remember people going a little crazy when clinton was in office, but nothing like they are now!!

what do you guys think about all this?

Attached Files:

2. 62 short step

62 short step Member

I think its pretty crazy! I hope we dont have to use them!!

3. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Personally I Think Its called Paranoia . That is Increased for By the Mostly False info on the web. As Far as The Election, No comment either way From Me. If People Thats never Owned a gun Or Had anykind of Proper training as to the Use of Them Or Safety are running out buying Then Now . Thats Scary to Me.

To Me Its No Different Then all the Other So called Shortage Scares Thats been Going out For Many Many Years . The People That Tend to Make a Profit, Start Rumors, & Before You Know it Theres a Shortage. Its Even Happened with Toilet paper in the past . If You Beleive all the BS , & Haven,t been Prepared before . Then I Sure Wouldn,t Worry about it. All your Going to do is Drive the Prices up . Remember Supply & Demand . This is Just My Opinion .

BTW , 66 Kustom, A Very Nice Choice & Weapon. Nuthin like the sound of a pump Shotgun slide To Bring Someone to Their senses . Just What I here .

I Personally Wouldnt Even Think about Owning a Firearm to Protect My rights, Property . Or Most Importantly My Familys safety . But IF I did, I aint worryed about someone Takin them away From Me . (Insert BS Anywhere You want).

Allways Remember. No matter Who Becomes President . Big Brothers Been watching for Years & Even more so these days . & The Ones That Truly keep Us Safe & Continue doing it on a daily basis. Never Forget Them & ANY Chance to Thank Them, I Know it is appreciated . But Then Again, I Have No Opinion. Happy Holidays to Everyone.

Bob

4. texascowboy

texascowboy Member

Same thing here; been paying attetion to some hunting buddies and they are all going nuts trying to get their hands on "AR's-and black rifles" cause that is the one obhma{sp} is going to try and ban first, Of course we still have to deal with the anti-gun nuts all the time. I own a few guns myself and if you come in my house and dont belong you will meet the first one i get my hands on!!!!! But its the same thing they try every time we elect a new president;
    so i am not worried!!!! Just my 2* :D

5. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

you said it cowboy357, PARANOIA!! what you said about supply and demand was exactly what i was thinking too, and big brother (aka the tri alumni-aluminati) have there eye, hand, and foot on us. they have since before 1776, since the pilgrims landed here. i wish i could have gotten in on all that lot those guys get. anyway, i would not be suprised if alot of these politicians are share holders in these companys, with a little scare from a new president.....a whole lot of money in there pockets. (kinda like the oil buisness)

i wasnt even aware of the frenzy until i started doing some gun christmas shopping with money the wife gave me as a early present.

what is this world coming too??

i also agree with your comment on the people buying up guns that dont know how to properly use them, very scary!! and i hope we never have to use them on people either. im with texas cowboy on the "people that dont belong in my house"...well, thell see the flash light come on thats on one of my guns, and thats the last thing there going to see. we have a pretty good home security at our house, a couple of big black labs that bark when they hear a mouse across the street (a little annoying) and the wifes or my guns. (plus a house alarm for back up. :rolleyes:

like 62 short step said, i just pray that my family and i never have end up in that situation.

owell, in a couple of years it will be something else our fellow citizins and friends will go nuts about.

thanks for the compliment on the shotgun.

and ya, whats with all the ANTI gun nuts? we dont personally take away there weed, bongs, and vw buses, why do they have to mess with us?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  6. Jonnygogo

Jonnygogo Member

Give me a break.

I know this post is long dead but come on. Do you mean to tell me that after all the media and the literally thousands of times we have seen the present president's name printed on newsprint and television screen that none of you can spell it? I don't care that you didn't vote for him, I don't care that you all somehow think that a country full of guns is somehow safer than one with very few. We are all entitled to our right to be wrong. What absolutely kills me is that somehow, on some level you either can't or won't spell his name correctly. O-BA-MA. It is as easy as falling down. Three syllables: all just as they sound: O-BA-MA.

Whatever your argument it makes you look ignorant and your argument baseless if you can't spell the President's name.

7. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Not Real sure Where Yer coming From Jonnygogo . Unless I missed Something, Which is Posabable . I Dont think this is A political Discussion about Who,s President . Just some Statements in General . Thats Why I stated I dont want to comment on the election either way . As far as Spelling Goes , I aint very good at it . So sorry if that offends You & makes me look Ignorant.

So far this is the First mention of any kind of Argument . Maybe Your reading more into it then what is being said . Just MHO . Bob

8. drabo

drabo Member

I do not believe that you need to own an arsonel of weapons but that being said I want every criminal out there to think twice before he/she thinks of car jacking me or breaking into my house. If you want to know if I have guns try opening my door.

If you don't believe in guns at least pretend to. A couple NRA stickers (I like the marksman ones) on your car will tell a dirt bag not to mess with you.

9. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE Member

Steel pennies!!

One thing that drives me nuts lately is this whole revolution talk.
    Has anyone stopped and thought about the amount of ammunition being used overseas right now. We have two theaters of war going on right now.
    Back during WWII the U.S. actually stopped producing pennies made of copper and made them of steel.

I am definatley a Gun lover. Not a freak but I do appreciate the ability to defend my home and family if need be...usually a really mean dog does the trick.

10. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

HEY JONNYGUGU, i called obama obomba for a reason, i also didnt capitalize the first letter of his name for a reason. if you like i could call him a lot worse, like what he really is.

P.S. since i started this thread, i purchased an AR-15 to add to my collection of fun, the prices of ammo has dropped quite abit and parts are more available again....finally. The paranoid people must have ran out of money.

11. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

I Donated all My weapons & ammo to charity :eek: , Feel free to insert BS where needed :D .

66 KUSTOM Did Ya know theres a Craigslist type site for weapons & ammo ? Heres a Linky in case Ya didn,t . ;) . Bob

http://www.armslist.com/

12. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

Thanks very much cowboy, i didnt know about that site, ill check it out as soon as i get off here.

13. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

You bet Bud , Heres a brand new one I just found, No posts yet But I,m sure it will pick up soon. its only a few days old .

BTW , I sent the wife to town yesterday to stock up on more ammo & there aint a box of 44 specials to be found anywhere . Everyplace has a 2 box limit on all ammo right now as well . :eek: . Bob

http://www.defiancearmory.com/?cityid=39&lang=en

14. Jonnygogo

Jonnygogo Member

Why do you capitalize every word?

I will tell you where I am coming from; I am saying that it annoys me that you are criticizing Obama but you can't or won't spell his name right. I made NO comment on politics or the election.

Your stance on guns and gun control is pretty obvious ... so be it. What the heck does all this have to do with 60-66 Chevy trucks? There is a place for this kind of discussion and it isn't in this particular forum so I (for one) would appreciate it if your discussions of the president, guns, politics etc. were kept to forums where people want them.

15. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Like I said , grammer or spelling & typing aint my thing, I guess the capitols are just a bad habit. Your the first one thats pointed it out though , Thanks :rolleyes: .

Once again you quoted my post so i,m assuming your comments as far as me mispelling the name & or talking about politics is aimed at me. Reread the thread again , please . theres a lot of posts that get off topic here , but you choose this one to complain about so that says a lot about you as well . If ya dont like whats going on here either dont read or comment on it or report the post & if the admin finds it offensive I,m sure he,ll slap our hands & delete the thread.

At any rate my post to you I tryed to be respectfull in , unlike your post. So I guess we,ll just agree to disagree on what seems to be bothering you . the way I see it its just a few good ole boys having a friendlly conversation . Make out of it what you choose to . :D . Bob . Welcome BTW

16. LittleStar

LittleStar Member

And what's all this got to do with old Chevy trucks?

17. drabo

drabo Member

Okay let's get this straight.

1. This is a forum, mainly about Chevy Trucks, got it. Some times we talk about things that are not related to trucks and that is okay. That is what a forum is about.

2. If you see a subject you are not inerested in don't read it.

3. If you read a subject you don't like you are not obligated to respond. You won't be booted from the forum for not responding.

4. If u kant spel hoo cairs

5. Religion and politics should always be avoided.

6. I love guns. If I had more money to spend on them I would own more. I also love trucks and if I had more money I would have more of them too.

7. If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Basically if you can't add something positive and constructive to a discussion, don't.

18. dado

dado Member

I prefer pocket niffes theyd do not need fefilling :D

19. pomedoro

pomedoro Member

im left wondering if johnny ran to the defense of george bush for someone spelling his name wrong..johnnygogo away...please.

20. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

johnny, this thread i started merly as a discussion on the likes of guns, and how american citizens are acting with the present presidents scare of gun bans. like cowboy said, were just enjoying a gun discussion, no one is puting anyone down or saying anything about right and wrong politics. you said this is a forum about trucks, i dont know about were your from, but most people around here put guns in the back window of trucks during hunting season, SO... there you go, theres the relationship between this forum and guns.

hey cowboy, sorry to here about the lack of ammo, i cant get any 30-30 or 22LR either, plenty of .223 though.