choke cable assembly

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 66 chevy, Apr 9, 2002.

1. 66 chevy

66 chevy Member

I'm looking for a choke cable assembly for my 1966 fleetside. I tried our host but they don't stock this part. Any suggestions where I can purchase a choke cable assembly for a 66 fleetside with a 283?

2. 64K10

64K10 Member

Hey 66,

I'm with you... Doesn't seem to be anyone out there making "repo" choke cable assemblies for the '64 - '66 trucks. Not having a '63 truck to look at, I guessing that the only difference between them (not counting the knob) is the threaded connector and retaining nut that attaches the cable to the dash. Looks like we have a couple of options: buy a '60 - '63 cable assembly and see if our retaining nut fits it or try and find someboby that's got and old one they would part with. I been looking / asking around for months and havn't found one yet! Anyone out there got one??? er... make that two, since "66" needs one also!

Thanks,

64K10

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

There are generic choke cable assemblies that can be found at local auto parts houses. May be able to use one of these to simulate the factory cable. (swap dash knobs ?? Maybe....)

4. 64K10

64K10 Member

Hey Dennis,

That's what I did, but it has a plain 'ol nut and flat washer that serves as the "retaining nut". Kinda ugly now that I've got the dash painted! Hmmm, I do have some 1" SS bar stock that I could chuck up in the lathe and make a stock looking "retaining nut" that would fit the threaded end of the cable head.

Thanks, ;)