Chevrolet Fender Mods To Fit GMC

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by kcmike, Oct 22, 2009.

1. kcmike

kcmike Member

Can someone explain the modifications that are needed to make a Chevrolet fender (front) fit a GMC truck? I know the parking lights have to be added but I have been told that there is "something" that needs to be changed for the grill and possibly the hood?

2. azcarman411

azcarman411 Member

I beleve the fenders are the same, just the parking light that you mentioned. I just looked at my chevy and gmc fenders and they look the same. Just make a hole for your park light and your set. Chris

3. Zig

Zig Member

What Chris said~ They are the same. The hoods aren't, but the fenders are. I hope you have the park light bases, because all I've found that you can buy "new" are the lenses, wiring, and gaskets. (You can get the whole ball of wax if you go to the slighty bigger 55? and up park lights.)

With this information, we want PICTURES!!!!

Hey guys~ Looks like we have another GMC owner! How cool is THAT?!

Welcome, Mike!

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Hi Mike !

WELCOME (notice GMC red there) to The Nuthouse ! .

You're in fine company here , many experts who'll know everything you need to know about keeping that Jimmy on The Road where it belongs .

However ~ you're soon to be subject to merciless ribbing for having a FUGLY GMC ~ don't ever get PO'd nor take it seriously , we , the Bowtie Guys (CHEVROLET) are simply suffering from ' long motor envy ' and are insanely jealous , that's all :D

5. kcmike

kcmike Member

Thanks for the info and I will get some pictures out soon.

6. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

Zig's job

Hey Nate thats Zig's job! U know he teaches "Teaches that GMC is better" he is good at it to.:D

7. Zig

Zig Member

and then there is the fact that GMC trucks are actually WORTH more... ...and let's not even get started on how much they wish they had the manly grill!:D

;)

:rolleyes:

:cool:

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Or Not

The last few I've seen over in Pick-A-Part , just languished.... :rolleyes: it's the fugly grillwork I think :p