My 54 rat panel pic as requested

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Aaron J, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Aaron J

Aaron J Member

I posted earlier for the first time and thanks for the warm welcome. I have been deep into the site and a lot of what was said rings true, I feel confident in tackling some of my projects myself. Their are some serious gurus here and i dont think i could come up with a question that one of you couldnt help me with.

Here is the link to my Picasa album. Someone mentioned that it looked lowered it might have been or just that the suspension is THAT shot, leaf springs are flat!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/aaronjholden/54Panel#

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Thanks for sharing the pics. That looks like a fun ride!

3. azcarman411

azcarman411 Member

Nice!!

I bet someone removed some leafs from your springs to get it lowered down. If you can count your spring leafs we can tell you. Nice 54, Chris

4. ccharr

ccharr Member

REmoving the leaf or de-arcing them will get you lower too.

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Cool truck. I would put the origional guages back in, sort out a few things in the engine bay, then start to fix and refine small things as needed. Keep her running as much as possible while you fix things to keep interest up and drive it as often as possible. I'll even pinstripe it up for you.....

6. Aaron J

Aaron J Member

I'll count the springs and let you know, but they are flat, and one side is even bowing the opposite direction. I am sure that is contributing to the lowered look. I do like it though, what do I have to do to keep the stance when I re-do the leafs? Dont want to put any fancy lowering kit in it though..

...I plan on re-doing the gauges too, not a fan of the randomness of them, probably go back to the original reproductions ones. plus need to get a gas gauge soon, ran out of gas twice!!

Engine compartment dress up will come soon, just want to get all the important things like weather stripping and suspension done first, she runs good, so I am content with that. I have an electonic fuel pump and alternator in there now, I want to clean the wiring on those and maybe most the alternator a little farther from the block due to heat.

Thanks for the comments

7. Aaron J

Aaron J Member

Oh yeah, pinstriping is on the wishlist too! And I am driving the heck out of her, dont fret that! I love this thing! if anything my harley and chopper are gonna be seriously neglected!!

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Shades Of The 70's !

That looks like a nice old truck there .

What's with the ghost ' 1.800LASTRIDE ' ? .

I assume you're going to illuminate the eyes in that shift knob ere long :rolleyes:

9. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

nice panel

Thats a nice panel .
    And you have a 235 engine.

10. Aaron J

Aaron J Member

it says:
    "Bones Funeral Home"
    You Stab'um we Slab'um
    1800-LAST-RIDE"

I wish the previous owner would have left it on, looks like it was done well with all little bones making the letters...

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Ghost Letters

Well ;

Maybe it's cooler this way as only a very few will notice....

I like the tow hitch too ! :D

12. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

That grille would look good with the vertical bar removed. Whats do they look like underneath?