wiring

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by cowboy, Jun 14, 2002.

1. cowboy

cowboy Member

Ok hear is another question for ya'll. the wireing tha comes out of the fire wall on the passenger side has a fiberglass covered wire,a purple wire, black wire and a green. the green is the temp wire. i've been told that the purple wire goes to the starter. i had it hooked to the statrer and nothing happend. no click of the starter nothing. where do these wires go. the wiring is out of a 63 chevy truck. it is in a 61 chevy truck. thanks for your help. i think i'm going to invest in a manuals. Is the wireing the same except for the turn signals? if no them i need to ge a 63 manual to for the wireing.
    thanks for the help.
    cowboy

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

i'm going to order a engine harness, front harness,and a 1960 shop manual and 1961 supplement. my question is now should i order the 1963 wireing diagram because i have a 63 wiring harness in my truck.
    thanks cowboy

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Look on e-bay for the 63 wiring diagram rather than buying a 63 manual. Should run in the $10 range.

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

i ordered the 63 wireing diagram from chevyduty for about 5$.thanks for your help.
    cowboy

5. GreatNorthWoods

GreatNorthWoods Member

The purple wire is the main power wire coming from the switch and should be connected to the the large post on the starter solenoid. That wire activates the solenoid when the switch is turned to 'start'. A black wire is almost always a ground.

6. cowboy

cowboy Member

i figured it out earlier to daywhen i was working on it i had a bad connection. thanks for thr help
    Cowboy