1964 C10 Fan Switch??

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by tommyf, Jun 21, 2002.

1. tommyf

tommyf Member

My family used to have a 1964 C10 Custom Cab Fleetside truck. On the dash where you usually see the three controls for the blower, heater temp and whatever the other one was for, this truck did not have it. Tthere was a knob that pulled out about 4 inches and then you turned it left or right to control the speed of the fan. To my knowledge, I have not seen another truck '64 - '66 that was like this. Were these rare or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tommy

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Hi Tommy,

Actually, those are more common. That is the control for the "Thrift" heater. The difference was that the Thrift heater required you to select the Defrost or Floor setting by throwing a lever located on the heater right above the transmission hump and the fresh air vents on left and right kick panels. The three lever outfit is the Deluxe heater. That one allowed you to control the heat defrost AND the fresh air vents from the dash mounted control you first described.

Dennis

3. mike_64

mike_64 Member

Yes these where the most common,mine also had the thrift heater not the deluxe.I replaced mine with a deluxe with factory in dash A/C,I have a spare if you are interested!