tie down anchors help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by bodycount, Feb 2, 2010.

1. bodycount

bodycount Member

hi everyone, i have been looking for some tie downs, i have a 1985 chevy sidestep c10, this is the bed of my truck.

[​IMG]

im looking for something i can put all the way though the wood, and possibly the frame aswell but i dont want something that will stick up, i would want it to fold down, possibly something like this:
    [​IMG]

but again, i want it to be able to hold my dirtbike n other misc crap. i was wondering if anyone has and ideas, and yes i did the whole bed of the truck by hand, ive done the whole truck by hand lol i got the truck for a dollar. :p painted it and done other work, starting to look good. once i finish it ill be posting it in the gallery.

also if anyone has anything to replace those god damn chains that are scratching the hell out of my paint please tell me lol

2. Don57

Don57 Member

Nice job on the wood!

You can get those tiedown rings at any farm supply or trailer supply. Just remember that the tiedown ring is only as strong as whatever it's mounted in. You may want to add some bracing underneath.

3. bodycount

bodycount Member

im not looking exactly for the above, i need something to go throut the wood so i can mount it to the frame, also i did not use a kit for the wood, i wen tout and bought the wood and cut it n shit was a pain in the ass lol