Sweet 4x4 build

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by LEYLAND, Jan 30, 2010.

1. LEYLAND

LEYLAND Member

2. willz66

willz66 Member

haha WOW!!!!!! now that wuz a beeyotch'n 4x4!!:D

3. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

Very cool, still cant get into these over sized over weighted wheels that are popular now a days. They loose fuction, add weight, and cost three months pay checks. But very cool looking truck that they are building.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

4. 2tons of fun

2tons of fun Member

yes the wheels are incredibly retarded but that is top notch fab work. you want to see how to body swap, 4wd a 2wd or any other extreme fab that is the prime example.

5. LEYLAND

LEYLAND Member

Yes, to most onlookers the large tire crowd are a little off their rockers! however if you can look past the old school "80's mall crawler crowd" who needed 10" of lift to drive their trucks around town (which is gay) and look into the more practical (or competitive) off roading crowds, these trucks are really cool! I recently got back into these trucks over the past couple of years and I love it (don't worry, I'm currently working on my 65 C10 with hopes of having it on the road again this spring...) but everything on these trucks is hand fabricated and pieced together by trial and error on a very tight budget, very few trucks have the bling factor this young fella's rig! My shop fabricating knowledge and skill has greatly improved because of my 4x4, not to mention the ideas I've found from seeing other's trucks take form.

I'm looking forward to seeing his extended cab take shape!

Cheers

6. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

HAHA, i agree about the 80's lifts, i remember those all to well.