Hhheeellllpppppp!!!!!!

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 64Chevy408, Feb 12, 2010.

1. 64Chevy408

64Chevy408 Member

okay i have a 64 chevy c10 with 3 inch drop springs and just did the disc brake conversion the 6 lug one that includes tie rod ends and everything, i went with the 2 and 1/2 inch drop spindel as well, my issue is i have 2 different sets of wheel, one set lock up on the cliaper, and the other set stick out so far i cant even turn the wheel, does any one know what back spacing i should be running with this disc brake kit or if i have to run 16's instead of 15's? please help this is my daily driver, my other one was stolen. thanks in advance

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

When I did the Early Classic conversion I used a 2 inch drop spring and a 2 1/2 inch drop spindle.
    I used 15 inch old-school chrome reverse rims, and they just barely fit with no contact with the caliper.
    Another thing, disk brakes NEED air flowing over them, and the more the better, to prevent brake fade.
    I would consider 17 inch ralleys ( or open custom wheels ) to get increased air flow around the inside and openings to allow hot air to be flushed out. Cool brakes are happy brakes..

dv

3. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

Go to wheel vintiques website, they have a couple of charts, as you measure what it tells you, fill in the blank spaces on the chart. when your done youll know every measurement youll ever possibly need to know for your truck.

4. 64Chevy408

64Chevy408 Member

thanks guys