60's era mag wheels

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Rain2059, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Rain2059

Rain2059 Member

Hello all,
    My truck is home after more then a year of waiting, and it is time to find my dream wheels. My husband has worked hard to do everything I wanted done, right down to my being a pain in the you know what regarding my want of a car four speed as to a truck tranny. What I have is a 1964 chevy short narrow 1/2 ton with a 1968 327 and a muncie 4 speed.
    I have recaptured my youth, and it feels GREAT! I get funny looks when I am driving to work because I have this great huge grin on my face that says this is great! They don't understand that it might not be pretty yet but what good is pretty if you can't drive it, right? I will be getting her painted this winter. I am having a hard time of letting her go again so soon.

Okay I have babbeled enough, it is time to get to the point.

I am looking for two 10 inch and two 8 inch six hole slotted aluminium mags, I think they were made by anson. The kind that were hot on the cars in the 60 and early 70's. I have been looking for some time and I know they made them, because I had them on my 65 chevy years ago.
    if anyone can help me on my quest I would be very greatful.
    My e-mail is: tsnuzum@internetcds.com
    I look forward to a response with high hopes.
    Regards,
    Rain aka Tina :7

2. ayperric

ayperric Member

Tina:
    I get two newspaper type magazines every month, one is called Truck Round-up and the other is Classic Auto & Parts. Someone is always advertizing the type of wheels you're looking for. This month, there's an ad for 4 Chevy 15x7 6 lug wheels for $175 with free shipping to the lower 48 states. The email address on the add is kamurphy49@hotmail.com They're located in Ohio.

Hope this helps.

3. Rain2059

Rain2059 Member

Paul,
    Thank you for your response, I just e-mailed them and maybe I will get VERY lucky, hehe. Hope you have a good one.
    Regrads,
    Tina
    ;)

4. Skippys62

Skippys62 Member

Wish that I could still help you, but I just sold the set that I had with one of my trucks. But they were exactly what you were looking for, 2 ten inch and 2 eight inch, but I know for a fact that those ones were made by E.T. Hope that can be of some help.

Pat