this will always be my dads truck

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Bobby 57, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

thought i'd share my work in progress. It's a 57 with a 350 crate motor,turbo 350 and ford 9"(left over racecar parts) had 1 to many bad experiences with the stock 10 bolt.Disc brakes up front Hope to back from the paint shop in 3-5 weeks

Attached Files:

2. steve

steve Member

Nice Truck

Very Nice Truck, Being a father myself, time spent with my son is always great and will be remembered. About your truck what type of acessory belt system you have on the front of that motor, a surpentine type from where also what power steering you you running. Thanks.

3. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

it's a 350 crate motor from GM.came complete with a/c ,p.s and alt.serpintine belt and reverse water pump,and brackets idler and tentioner, all GM.
    enjoy making memories with your son with your truck.I know everytime I work on my ,I think of all the fun we had and all that I learned from him.Have fun.
    Let me know if you need any more info.
    bobby

4. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

kabwe,your rides look very clean,nice work.I frequent the L.B swap meet let me know if and when you go.
    Bobby

5. 55 Stepside

55 Stepside Member

Bobby,

Great progress! I'm probably a year from having my project where yours is.

Your post really brings back memories. I was stationed at Los Alamitos when I was in the Navy, had my '60 F*rd painted in Bellflower, and the interior in that car - and in my '55 Chevy - was done in Tiajuana. I ran the Auto Hobby Shop while I was stationed out there, and picked up a lot of what learned about cars out there. If I were out there now I'd be in the garage today instead of getting 5"-9" of snow!

Keep after your painter! 3-5 weeks can turn into 3-5 months if you let him off the hook. Once you get it back, it's just a little assembly (heh, heh), and you'll be on the road!

All the Best,

6. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

Its already been 3 months so he's right on schedule, ha ha

7. kabwe

kabwe Member

Thanks man, I work hard and I'm glad someone thinks its cool.lol I don't go to the swapmeet as much as I use to, but if I go I will be sure to drop you a message.