Apache 10 Emblems

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Vin63, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Vin63

Vin63 Member

Having some time on my hands lately (meaning it's been too hot to work in the shop in the afternoons), I spent some time digitizing an old 1960 C-10 emblem I had - I always liked the font used for the "Apache" in that emblem. I converted it into a CAD file and had a friend run the file on a CNC mill cutting the coordinates out of some left over 6061 T6 aluminum plate. Anyway, here's what they look like fresh off of the mill - 12" x 1" tall. I had my friend use a flat bit with the expectation of painting the letter trenches. Anyway, I thought they would be nice for a glove box or bed side emblem.

[​IMG]

2. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

Thats pretty cool, are you going to go into production?

3. Vin63

Vin63 Member

I'm not sure...I had 4 pair (eight total) milled while the CNC mill was idle between jobs. I was thinking of trying to digitize some of the other emblems for the V8 era trucks.

4. jaybyrd66

jaybyrd66 Member

i LOVE them, you could really make some money off of those if you could find an easier way to get them made then just between other peoples jobs. but you gotta do what you gotta do huh? lol but they look killer and i know many people who would love to have some for there trucks. gotta love polished aluminum :)

5. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Is there no limit to the ideas floating around Vinnie's head ??? I think NOT !!

;)

dv

6. old chevytruck

old chevytruck Member

pic

Hi i though that i would let you know that i finally put up pic .no nothing yet .

7. hamrs_62

hamrs_62 Member

pretty nice, you could do some custom work for prople who wanted speacialty items

8. LEYLAND

LEYLAND Member

Nice touch!

are you going to do the other emblems on your truck to match?

you are lucky to have access to CNC