For Nate

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bill Hanlon, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

'57 Nash Metropolitan-bodied snowmobile (it's even for sale, for $10,000) that has a 700cc Yamaha triple beneath the hood.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Nash Metropolitan

Found the picture at Classic Parts Talk/members pics. Have no background information.

Martinius.

Attached Files:

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I took that picture at our local Saturday night shine & show. Metro has a big block Ferd and an air bag suspension. The owner drives it to the meet, but it usually pukes a bunch of coolant when he shuts it off.

4. Zig

Zig Member

Love it!

Cool looking sled! If it just had a strip of yellow between the red and white, I'd be in it!:rolleyes:

Zoom~Zoom!:cool:

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Metro Snowmobile

That rig was built some time ago and the Metters had fits until they found out he saved a rusty old carcass that wasn't worth spit .

I love my Mets .

Attached Files:

6. booger

booger Member

hey Zig , how did the Chiefs do this past season ?:D

7. Zig

Zig Member

Let's just say...

...we weren't one of the teams that made it to the Super Bowl...:rolleyes:

(That won't have me changing my paint scheme though!:p)

8. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Nate

I know you love mets Nate but there are some things in life that just makes you have to ask 'WHY?'

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Metropolitan Nash

Well ;

They're Uber cute , and they're LBC's but with an American twist so ,

Did I mention how cute they are ? :D .

Oddly enough , as BMC built cars much like Generous Motors did in it's hey-day , one can easily & cheaply up grade any Met to make it a good daily driver or (in my case) a long distance touring rig that's comfy and fun to drive plus it's incredibly inexpen$ive to operate , maintain and repair , gets terrific fuel economy and is a total hoot to drive ! .

They have really good heaters too , important for me :rolleyes: .

And of course , they're just so doggone cute ! .

I'll have you know , they're just as good Crumpet Catchers as is the venerable Jaguar XKE ! .

I'm 6' and uh , " horizontally Enhanced " shall we say and there's plenty
    of leg and headroom in there ,a BIG trunk too .

I think it's a really cute car too :p

I've had many LBC's and this one beats my old MGB GT Tourer hands down .

I know most Britans hated it and the few RHD ones were not many sold , most came over here in 1962 and were sold off cheaply as Parking Enforcement Cars to local Police Depts. a buddy of mine has one I've been trying to pry out of his hands for years now , he gave me a lead on a pristine one owner 1957 RHD Convertible but I want his unrestored Coupe more...

O.K. , so I'm weird ~ so sue me :p

;)

10. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Ther wer 2 in junkyard near me. We were buying cars to make couches and such out of. I wanted one to hang upside down from the ceiling. He was selling the cars to us for $100/ea. Should have known.....a few months later, the yard was cleared out.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I Hate It .....

When that happens.... :(

If the dumbshyte Junkmen would just SELL the dang parts instead of overpricing everything and holding it 'till it's rusty junk the scrapping it for .75 CENTS the pound , every one would be hasppier and better off too .

When I ran a Junkyard , you can bet I had little excess stock as every thing was FOR SALE and you walking out of the yard empty handed meant I wasn't DOING MY JOB RIGHT ! .

12. booger

booger Member

WOW is that THING cute or what ?

13. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Yeah, that is why they were there. The old man that used to own the yard apparently had all kinds of desireable stuff.....tri 5s, muscle cars, etc. but wanted a mint for anything, even back in the day long before Barret Jackson. He wouldn't bargain or dicker, and if you tried, he wouldn't sell anything to you. He died, and what was left sat and rotted. We bought a 59 belvedere, a 54 pontiac and a 61 newport to make couches out of and a VW bus with square windows for an entertainment center. Only some of the projects got finished...the pontiac and the plymouth, before the bodyshop owner changed his mind. Anyway, we bought each for $100, I should have known. There were a few rusty ADs, many big bolts up through the 60s, a shoebox, mustangs, 55 caddy, 2 metros, fairlanes, and lots of crapy 70s family cars left. Went by a few months later, field was clear.

14. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

GRrrrrrrrr........

At least you saved some of it .

FWIW , when you find a Metropolitan that's too rusty to save (they're popular & easy to fix up and sell) , you can make one of those couches and folks really like them because they're small and so fit anywhere , aprtments etc.

I'm a grumpy old man but I'm not so stupid as to loose opportunities like that damnfool did .

15. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I wanted the metros, just no where to put them. I talked to a restaraunt to try to get him to use one, but no dice.

16. yodaman

yodaman Member

Ok, don't mean to change the subject but as a dumb question, why are they called Tri-fives?
    Josh

17. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Not a dumb question!

Josh, there is no such thing as a dumb question! Subject closed. Tri-5's or tri-fives refer to any chevy car made from 1955 thru 1957, considered by many to be the most desirable chevy cars ever made.

18. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Tri -5`s update

Chevrolet Tri Fives
    The Chevy Tri Five represents what many believe to be the golden age of Chevrolet. The cars manufactured in 1955, 1956, and 1957 are still considered by most to be the most recognized American cars in history. Though showcased by the Bel Air, there was also the Chevy 210, 150, and the Nomad (which was officially a two-door Bel Air station wagon). To this day, when people think of classic American cars they usually think of the Tri Five Chevys.

19. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

And Of Course.....

All of those with proper breeding , education and intellect know the '55 was the best and prettiest of the bunch :rolleyes:

(ducks & runs for cover)

20. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Hoiw can you agrue w/ that logic

Feast your eyes on this bad nomad! A thang of beauty!:cool:

55-Chevrolet_BelAir_Nomad_Pink_DV-07-AIA_05.jpg