Cleaning Out My Desk........

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Well ;

That's it fellas .

After 25 years on the job and 17 years in this shop alone , I got bumped downtown because I filed a complaint against my pinhead boss who couldn't find his behind using a mirror and both hands :mad:

I've got a week and 1/2 to gather all my collected crap and get out .

In the bottom drawer I found good stuff , Chevy Truck factory shop manuals from 1941 to 1958 inconclusive , many Chevy dealer news from '55 ~ 56 , my old '52 Chevrolet owner's booklet including the slip in notice that the chrome is crap due to the Korean War Effort...

Templates for Fulton Sun Shades , Moto magazines and truck parts catalogs going back to 2000.....

I'm going to miss this grubby old shop :( They're punishing me by making me work in cubicle hell with guys in suits and ties, women in high heels agrguing obout stupid things....

*SIGH*

I'm not cut out for that world , I worked there 26 years ago and was banished here to the boonies for punishment and so they'd not have to have me cluttering up their " Office Spaces " environment , looking like a Mechanic (DUH) and cursing at recalcitrant vendors , Mechanics and supervisors .

I prolly won't have a computer anymore either .

Fooey .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Dirty Bastids......Here in the south " Because he needed killin'" is a valid excuse.

3. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

No 'puter

Nate - Say it aint' so. How are we going to stay focused without your input?

I'm sorry to hear about the sudden change in your career. I look forward to hearing about your next gig. There's aways a need for a mechanic who knows what he's doing and how to get R done right.

I've been sitting in a cubical in front of a computer for the last 6+ years. Putting my truck together and looking forward to working on/driving it on the weekends has been a main part of keeping me sane.

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Is there no justice in this world?

I'm with ol' chebby! Some people don't deserve to use up our precious oxygen! Please tell me that you're not going to have to wear a tie!:eek:

Nate, we all know that you're a trooper! You'll get beyond this and be better for it! About the "tie" thing, if they make you wear one, get the Jerry Garcia collection! The Grateful Dead rule!

Keep on truckin' baby!

Ken

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Don't Get Me Started !

I might loose my job..... :eek:

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

_I_ Am 'Justice ' !

ME ? wear a TIE ?! :eek:

That'd be fun ~ I could wear the Santa tie my son gave me years ago when he was 6 years old , imagine how they'd look telling me I cannot wear my family heirloom tie.....:rolleyes:

Or , I could find a bow tie with LED's in it that blink......:p

The mind (if I had one) simply boggles :D

I don't think I have to worry about that .

I just don't like cubicles but a little bird told me they're maybe going to shove me behind a desk in some dank corner.... that might work out best for all concerned .

I can take whatever they dish out no worries .

I'm assuming the new boss will be O.K. ,if not well then , let the games begin ! ;)

Besides , I have my little black book full of things I know they did over the last 26 years , they'd be foolish to pi$$ me off sufficiently to be forced to take it to the newspapers with names , dates , locations , PO's and on and on....

7. ccharr

ccharr Member

Bolo ties are a good change. Good to hear you still have a job there Good Luck on the move.

8. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Modern occupational ban, working with the exfiles instead ?

Nate.

I`ll think you are the kind of mecanic that could overhaul a chevy truck using a blindfold , one of the good old solid guys who knows what he is talking about counting cars and stuff ! Do not leave this forum , people appreciate all your contributions and funny comments , i do and respect you for that. Find your self a computer some place and keep up the good work , life is to short.

I am sorry to hear that your employer treats you this way after so many years working in the same workshop ? But we all understand what it is about and i`ll think it sucks on your behave !:mad:
    On the other hand it is good to know that your still having a job , or maybe it is time to make a change and continue with the work you really prefer some place else ?

We have a saying here " You must not replant old trees because their roots will never grow".

Friendly regards Martinius

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. Zig

Zig Member

Fingers crossed!

So I started off reading this thread thinking "WT%#$@"??? :eek:

As I continued to read, I felt a bit better, because it now seems as though you will still have a position there that will keep you in close proximity to a computer.

I certainly hope this is true.

This is one of those things that, "If I were a rich man..." I would send you a new laptop and a ten year supply of access!

We/I need ya here, Nate!;)

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I'm Not Leaving

....I just may no longer have the daytime access I do now .

Time will tell .

About the job thing , for some years now I've been answering the often asked question " How are you doing ? " thusly :

" I , like you , have a JOB and reasonable health so everything else comes after and is fine " .

Having known many great people like the ones here on this very list , has made my trials and tribulations much easier to deal with .

Life is good and I am a survivor , not rich , handsome nor smart but I get by O.K. , with a little help from my freinds :) .

(and SWMBO of course !)

:D

:cool:

11. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Besides , I have my little black book full of things I know they did over the last 26 years , they'd be foolish to pi$$ me off sufficiently to be forced to take it to the newspapers with names , dates , locations , PO's and on and on....

12. wokri

wokri Member

Sympathy for Nate

Hi Nate,
    you have my sympathy! Hope for you that your new job will satisfy you as your old one done it in the previous days.
    Wolfgang

13. Wolf

Wolf Member

Hang in there Nate!

14. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Usually, as one door closes another one opens. Watch your back for your old bosses buddies. Above all I hope you don't get a SWMBO2 with a thing for uncastrated males and a hyphenated last name. Find a friend in a high place. Can't be that long till full retirement.

Flashlight

15. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Work

Well at least you aint got to go cap in hand to the gov to make ends meet. These days jobs aint so easy to find. Chin up an carry on but dont ever let them know they got to you. Best of luck Nate

16. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx !

I don't want a # 2 SWMBO ! :eek: I've worked under one of those types before , not fun .

Oodly , the one openly Lesbian Supervisor was really cool with me (most of the other hated/feared her) , I wonder where she's at now as she promoted up years ago .

I am keenly aware of hoe lucky I am to have any job these days , poor farm folks (Yankees anyways) don't soon forget where they're from ~ I am not proud of my past but I don't deny it either .

As far as the one door opens as another one closes , I seem to always be at the bus station when my ship comes in but I get by O.K. ;) .

My boss ? ' buddies ' ?? BWAHAHAHAHA....

I really miss working back when old rigs like my truck came in for routine service , brake & clutch work etc. .

I'd be under the lift tightening the FrsnazzleTube or fixing the hamstring pull on the Giddyap Gear on some battered Rolls Can'ardly when a customer would run over the bell hose and the pump island and I'd trot on out wiping my hands on a rag , I prolly looked like Gomer in Mayberry but I sure was happy . !DING DING! ' yessir ! fill 'er up to-day ? mind iffn' I take a gander under the hood ? '.

That's all gone now as are the fine Gents who took the time to teach me
    my trade :( .

17. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Now its "take number, we'll get to you eventually to plug it into the computer and start charging you."

Wow, what a relic....I thought they put all you guys out to pasture a long time ago.

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Well ,

They tried , see ~ but every time I'd get up and walk away before they could shovel sufficient dirt in to keep me down :D

Then of course , every so often there's a problem that needs actual fixing rather than study groups , endless report writing and $180,000 Consultancies thrown at them , then who d'ya think gets a call ? .

Good judgement comes from experiance .

Experiance comes from excersizing poor judgement.....

19. booger

booger Member

Nate, just keep smiling in their faces. they can't ever understand that and it makes em crazy ! myself and everyone else here feels for you as i am sure many of else have seen or been in this position before . one good thought is that what goes around usually comes back around and when you have truly been done an injustice by a weak minded person your superior abilities and better judgement will prevail !!!! just remember that time is your best friend ! besides you still have us (even GMC's ) to vent ! we love (?) you and please KEEP ON TRUCKIN' wit us .......................

20. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Okey-Dokey !

Since you asked , I'll stay right here then :D .

:p

:cool: