Is this right?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Feb 24, 2010.

1. coilover

coilover Member

We got a 55HT in that is very red and black. Does anyone recall this being available? I remember a very pretty orange red with tan two-tone, white two-tone, or ivory two-tone but not a flame red. The owner wants to keep it if it's an period correct available color. I'll check with the PPG Color Library also but thought one of you might recall one like it. There is an AD in the background so the monitor might let it slide.

Attached Files:

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

3. BIG CHEVY 3600

BIG CHEVY 3600 Member

I don't remember ever seeing that combo. It seems the 55s colors were softer. My 210 was black and white.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yes and No ~

I well remember black and red two tones but they were in a Salmon sort of red .

Not overly common that I recall but really pretty .

Kudos to the owner for wanting to stay with original colors but remind him he's paying for it so whatever he likes , should get the nod .

BTW : why does he want a perfectly good paint job re-done ? .

5. booger

booger Member

i think it looks it fantastic that color combo

6. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Damnit, Evan!

You need to stop posting pictures of my favorite cars! All I thought of all day long was a '55 hardtop! When I finally reach that point where I have more money than sense (and most people who know me say I have no sense at all:eek:), I WILL have a '55. Of the tri-5's, the '55 is my fav. My dream car? A '55 2-door HT, with a 265 cu. in. V8 (sorry Nate:p) with a slip 'n slide powerglide, with the following 2-tone paint combination: Coral and shadow gray!

Bto50s10.jpg

Ditch the mags and put on some full chrome wheelcovers with the white bowties around it. If I had his ride and he had a feather up his butt, we'd both be tickled:D!

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Salmon , Coral

Whatever you choose to call it , is a fabulous color combination .

I'll let it go that you want a V-ate because I know you want a 265 C.I. one with proper Ram's Horn exhaust manifolds , right ? :rolleyes: maybe a better camshaft for more pep .

me of course , I'd like that very same car with truck radials and ' poverty ' hubbies , twin spotlights , two tone upholstery to match that killer paintjob, bumper wingtips and , (didn't think I'd forget didja ?) an InLine 261 Banger
    mill with twice pipes , dual Rocheters 'B's and Overdrive tranny....

Make a right proper Touring Rig out of it :D

8. Wolf

Wolf Member

This is sweet!!! if i didnt have my truck I would have gotten at 50 or so chevy deluxe!!! Love the looks of those cars!!!

9. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Ken already has a 265V8 with trips if he could figure out how to get it past his Mother.